Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
27-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #1

late wednesday

Morning folks. Running late for work hence the title. There is an accident on the motorway so having to find another way to work. Luckily OH knows the routes through town. Hopefully it doesn't mean its going to be a bad day!!

Hope you all have a good 1

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #2

Re: late wednesday

Don't rush there Pamela, time enough to work when you get there, hold ups in traffic are God's way of saying slow down

Up early this morning thanks to 2 quarrelling cats so have had my breakfast hours ago and I'm hungry again now. Will do 30 mins on my exercise bike and think of the benefits.

Take care out there people, it's not too cold and very still here- the sky has stopped

Catsey Veteran

27-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #3

Didn't rush posh. Phoned work, told them and just let the traffic do what it was going to. Sounds like an energetic morning you have with the exercise bike

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #4

Morning Pamela, PP ..... think positive for a good day! OH is very late back with the dogs, so I hope they haven't done a runner - it's either that or he's met up with loads of walking chatterboxes.

We had a good day yesterday - met up with some long time friends for a good lunch. We'd taken the dogs up to Butser Hill beforehand and it was pleasant out of the wind although raw in it.

Just heard OH is back ............ will let you know what happened!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #5

Morning all.
Hope your day has improved Pamela.
Done a few Jobs around the house and work this afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #6

Well, it was the chatterboxes!!!

Then the postman called, I opened the door and the dogs rushed out!!! Dora came back to call but Monty was off across the road and across the field and I had to go and get him back, little s*d. OH has calmly gone off to golf and I am still getting my breath back! So much for positive thoughts .............

Catsey Veteran

27-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #7

Glad the dogs are ok Angie

Shelley, my day has definitely got better!! Spoke to OH at lunch and asked him to open my mail as it sounded important. A nice wee cheque for a tax rebate!! Wasn't expecting that

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #8

Angie, hope you've got your breath back . Nice to have good news in a brown envelope, Pamela
My day hasn't gone too well so far the hospital has cancelled my uncle's op because his magnesium levels have dropped again, then as I was emptying the fish tank the full bucket of water decided to snap its handle and pour complete contents over the carpet; the living room is soaking !!! Moved the sofa quickly and tried to mop up with as many old towels I could find, grrrr, I WAS SO ANGRY - mainly with myself for overfilling the bucket to save my legs.

Fish are still in a spare bowl waiting for the new water and filtration system to settle. Should take 12 hours before they go back in.

Off to the shop now, need some retail therapy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #9

Evening all.

I am up not sure I am awake. But regardless work shortly.

Pamela glad you got to work and congrats on the tax rebate are you going to treat yourself to something like a meal out with OH or something a bit different like a day trip with time in a formula one race car!!!!!!!!! or a helicopter ride.
Something totally different.

P.P ...........Sorry about your Uncles op but no point if he is not going to get the full benefit? How long before they test him again?
And Opps its irritating isn't it and more so when you know its your fault and there is no one else to blame but you.!!!!!!!! Hope you can get it sorted and enjoyed the retail therapy. Wellingtons and a raincoat would be good

Angie I avoid talking people on dog walks.
Good on Dora for listening especially when Monty made a dash for it, that's good for a youngster......and Monty just wanted to play up for you is he more of a Daddy'd boy? How did you get on with finding someone to run Dora in agility (sure you said he was too fast for hubby)

Shelley You will be at work now ................have a nice day. Are you back to the van again shortly or not this year?

Right have to move see you tomorrow.

I am planning on doing the skirting in the living room over the weekend. Hopefuly manage to undercoat and eggshell.

Just realised how close it is to Christmas.......4 weekends because of how shift patterns are I finish on Friday 20th......I am covering Sat 7th and Sun 8th December so that weekend will be out for anything..........
Plan so far roughly is Tree up 14/15th Christmas works do night of 15th. Into that I have to fit work and of course a few meals /Christmas nights afternoons out with friends. My last attempt at blending them did not really work and I did not enjoy it - surprising how you are different with different people isn't it.