Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #1

Monday morning all

Morning all.

It will be a morning or should that be day of semi chaos here.

My Aunt (who has learning difficulties and health issue) had her gas fire condemned last week due to now we think the flue collapsing, council going out to look today so need to be there she will not understand and they won't understand her as her speech is poor. Also while there want to suss out the carers going in - my Uncle and Mom used to do this but.........age, not sure what they are doing compared to what they should be doing and if she is happy. Of course it’s easier to see in person what’s going on that than try to find out information via the phone.

Want to take excess decorating stuff back no point holding onto it.

Also need to measure correctly the bedroom ready to buy and then fit of course the walk in wardrobe interior.

Would like to get out into the front garden and give it a tidy again and will do next doors too as Roy loves his garden - and wanted to go out to do it last week. But last Wednesday he was poorly and was taken back into hospital and discovered another cancer despite the chemo being in full flow at the moment - his wife and family are all there constantly. Should have known something was wrong as they put their Christmas tree up last weekend.
Get the rubbish round to the salvage.

Opps forgot need to do a shop as well.

Will be cleaning the windows and changing the curtains in the living room as well did the dinning end of the kitchen yesterday.

As well walking Bella of course.

So see you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #2

Re: Monday morning all

Kazz ...... do you know how to take it easy, relax and chill for a spell, don't think you know what "wasting time" means

OH is playing golf today as we have something else on tomorrow. I am planning to do my "finished" calligraphy project today, keep putting it off, no reason I can think of, it's only paper and ink and a bit of paint to go wrong .....

Dogs are asleep, cats are asleep ..............

Hope you find that your aunt's carers are doing what they should and what a worry about the fire ....... does she have any other heating that's safe for her use?

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #3

Sounds like you are going to be mega busy today Kazz.

I understand your concerns with your aunt, I have a niece with learning difficulties and she has problems being understood because her speech is poor. She still lives with her parents at 25 years old but I have been her advocate when she has to deal with 'official' business.

Prayers for your neighbour Roy at this time of worry for him and his family. It brings things into perspective doesn't it.

Good luck with the running around, I'm staying in today, going to make a start on my cards, well get the long distance ones done anyway. Laters x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #4

Evening all,did try to post earlier but for some reason the iPad didn't do it. Laptop has gone to laptop hospital.
Karen,hope you managed to get things sorted for your aunt and that her careers are doing what they are supposed to do.
Best wishes to Roy and his family.
You are very busy, watch that knee.
I went a lovely frosty dog walk this morning,so pretty.
I then caught up with all my doll repairs and got some ready for the fair in three weeks.
What do we think re the quiz, I am happy to try on Sunday but would we be better waiting until after Christmas as I know people will be busy, busy ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #5

Evening all.

Right gas fire resolved well sort of the chimney needs to be checked because apparently the chap heard what my Aunt did a bump from the chimney/fire which they will sort out. Set her central heating to stay on the majority of the day.
Not certain about the carers but that's another job as we are also looking at a care home for her rather than the bungalow she is in her mid 70's and has had a heart bypass and other surgery and in winter cannot move for fear of falling she has had 3 broken arms in the last 4 years.
Took back the decorating stuff.
Got the shopping.
Have not measured for wardrobes as I have moved the furniture and looks miles better and more movable for Mom and Dad.
Took the rubbish to the salvage.
No chance with the garden it was a job to much. Given I moved all the bedroom furniture around.
Have given the single bed to my niece and turning the little bedroom into a jigsaw and family history room for my Mom and Dad.
Got to go have a bit of vacuuming to do.