Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
12-05-2016, 08:42 PM   #11

Re: Update

Thanks for the update Pamela.I'm so pleased that Harris seems to be improving. Poor boy, he's been through a lot. I'm keeping him in my prayers, Pamela.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
30-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #12

Thank you everyone for your prayers and best wishes x They have certainly helped Harris & (and me) get through this. The vet still cant get a diagnosis though!! They no think it may be a blood disease as there is 1 which causes the symptoms he has. He is on the mend though thankfully. We will find out on thursday if it is a blood disease and hat the treatment is going to be long term.

I have posted a photo i took this morning to let you all see how well he is doing

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Almost a Veteran Member

30-05-2016, 10:36 AM   #13

I've been thinking about Harris a lot Pamela and wondering how he was doing.Thank goodness that he is continuing to improve.Poor boy looks to have lost quite a bit of weight though, but I'm sure that he'll pick up again. Gosh, it's a real worry when they're sick, isn't it? I do so hope that you can get a definite diagnosis soon and then at least you can move forward from there. I'm continuing to pray for young Harris every night. Tell him from me that he is a beautiful boy and much too handsome to be sick.

Catsey Veteran

30-05-2016, 10:45 AM   #14

Thanks dinky. Thinking of your furbabies too. He is 2.9kg just now which is a huge improvement. I will pass on your wishes to him x

Almost a Veteran Member

31-05-2016, 08:43 PM   #15

Pamela, I'll be thinking of you both on Thursday. I do hope you can find out something definite then and can work out a treatment plan. I did have to smile when you said that Harris is now 2.9 kg which is an improvement How low has his weight gone? My boys, Frederick and Dickens, weighed in at the vets at 6.8kg and 6.7kg respectively despite not having eaten for 2 days and they are not overweight, according to the vet. They are just big, heavy cats. I am praying that Harris will start to put on a wee bit of weight now and continue to improve. Please let us know what the vet says on Thursday Pamela.Thinking of your beautiful boy.(and you, of course).

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2016, 07:32 AM   #16

His weight has gone down to 2.6kg at the start of it. The vet called OH yesterday and said that there was a delay in getting the bloods to the lab and they now have to remember do them on Friday. I'mnot happy about it tbh as it is stressful for him getting them done as it is. Will certainly not be paying for them to get done this time as she admitted it was their error. OH is taking him and picking him up which is just as well as I would be liable to say something to them!!

Almost a Veteran Member

01-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #17

Gosh Pamela, as if you haven't got enough to cope with. Now you have to wait until Friday. I agree you shouldn't have to pay this time. Poor Harris.Still, hopefully you'll know something definite on Friday or early next week anyway. I can't quite imagine Harris dropping in weight to 2.6kg. Thank goodness that his weight has gone up a bit. At least that's a positive step. I do know the stress you are going through Pamela. By the time I prepare tablets and medicate all 5 cats and hand feed Snodgrass, I'm exhausted. Harris has been unwell much longer than my guys, so you must be feeling very stressed. Roll on Friday and hopefully you'll have something positive to tell us. Continuing to pray for your beautiful boy, Pamela. All the very best for Harris on Friday.

Catsey Veteran

01-06-2016, 01:11 PM   #18

Thanks dinky. We won't gervresults on Friday as they have to send the bloods away again so will be next Friday before we know anything.

He has never been a big cat but I want to try get him upto atleast 3kg or more!

I can't imagine what it's like trying to get meds organise for so many and also hand feeding!! Hope they are feeling better soon xx hugs to them all x

Almost a Veteran Member

03-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #19

Pamela, hope the Friday vet visit wasn't too stressful for Harris and that he is a little improved. I keep forgetting about the time difference - it is Saturday morning here, but I guess Harris may not have had his vet visit yet. Anyway, I'm thinking of your boy and hoping it goes well for him.

Catsey Veteran

10-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #20

Back to the vet tonight for blood test results only to find out they werent able to be done again as his blood clotted again! They have decided not to try do them again unless his normal bloods in 2 weeks time show something thats not right. Now reduced to every 2 weeks for visits instead of every week!! yayy!!

His weight has also gone up to 2.92kg so he has gained 500grams since last week which is great!! We are aiming for him to get a personal best of over 3kg by the 22nd which is his next bloods visit to check his blood count and liver enzymes!!

I also asked about milk thistle which is a supplement for the liver and it turns out the tablets that he may be on for life have been updated and now contain it!! Means i dont have to get a seperate supplement for him