Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #1

TalkTalk and AOL Broadband billing rant!!!!

What a bloody evening I have had at my parents.
They signed up with AOL broadband, oh well over two years ago or so.
My father pays via his card. At the begining of the year he had no connection and then recieved a letter stating that he was owe them 2 months payment as he had cancelled his card. My father was perplexed by this as he hadnt cancelled his card at all. He called his bank who had informed him that AOL hadnt presented anything to take payment from his card. His card had changed but all the numbers were the same.
I then called TalkTalk/AOL, re-submitted his card details, paid the outstanding balance and that should have been that.
Since then they have been taking, which seems to me, random amounts from his card each month since.
He once again has no internet, so I went out there this evening to help sort it out. I had all his card statements infront of me stating the amounts AOL had taken from the card EACH month and still they say he is in arears.
In April he paid £23.79, May nothing was taken, June £46.75, July £23.79, August £51.50, September £46.75 and they say they are waiting for payments for Sep/Oct which is why he has no connection, they say they havent taken the £51.50 and that the card has been cancelled again.
I have called them 6 times this evening, twice they hung up on me coz they said I wasnt listening to them and twice they gave me other numbers to call which are nothing to do with billing complaints. they even disputed the £23.79 payment saying it was £23.75 which was paid. But I had the statements infront of me.....
They said they "couldnt" tell me who I can complain to about all of this and that they wont give me the MAC code until the arears have been paid.
HORRLICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
18-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #2

Re: TalkTalk and AOL Broadband billing rant!!!!

I HATE TALK TALK!!!

they are a terrible company, i hope you get this mess sorted soon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #3

Dear God! Unbelievable.

Contact your member of Parliament for help? Do you have a lawyer friend who'd write them a testy letter (free)?

Catsey Veteran

18-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #4

Have since spoken to a guy from BT who said that they are legally obliged to give me the MAC code and to complain to Ofcom. He also told me that TalkTalk were recently fined by Ofcom due to their shoddy standards.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
19-10-2011, 12:00 AM   #5

Talk talk bought Tiscali over - need i say more....

Hope you dad gets sorted, that is appalling way to treat customers

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #6

Update, after another 4 phone calls, 2 transfered to god knows where but no one answered. The Mac Code is being sent out by post. What a hassle, now they tell us that we are like family and they dont want to lose our business, I said ofcourse you dont that's why you treat people in such an appalling manner and charge them double each month. The last guy I spoke to, Denver, said that we MUST pay our bills, I said absolutely not, would he pay for a service he wasnt getting, I was put on hold then he came back and told me that the Mac code was being posted out to us.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #7

What a horrendous hassle. Years ago when we got our first PC we had a free sign up to Tiscali. Still have it ........ not sure when or if TalkTalk will cut the threads .......... Luckily not with them as ISP.

Catsey Veteran

19-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #8

I had a similar problem with Tiscali years ago, ended up I wrote to the JUDGE in the sunday post and he sorted it all out for me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
20-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I had a similar problem with Tiscali years ago, ended up I wrote to the JUDGE in the sunday post and he sorted it all out for me.
I was going to suggest your dad did that. Sunday Post are excellent

Cats owned: moggie
TalkTalkSupport is Male
20-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #10

HI Elaine,

Im sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced. I am an Online Community Executive with TalkTalk. We provide online support and assistance to customers who post online regarding issues with their TalkTalk Services.

With respect to your issues the reason for differing amounts each month is reflective of different usage. The DD will vary depending how many or few calls are made outside of the tariff.

We will need to look into this in more detail. We operate an Online forum to provide account support should you wish to use this as an alternative to telephony support that we offer to customers whom we engage with online. Your free to join the TalkTalk Members Forum and post the details fo your issue should you wish and our dedicated OCE will assist in any way we can.

Regards

Mark
TalkTalk Online Community Executive
TalkTalk Online Community Department
TalkTalkplc