Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
19-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #11

Re: Apathetic forum or not?

Just thought of a good compromise for a charter (if that's what people really want). Rather than 'require' people adhere to it on registration (which I would not be comfortable with tbh) we could make it a sticky thread in the general cat chat section and everyone who agrees with it says so in the thread.

That way we send out a strong message (ie here's a list of members who adhere to these responsible and ethical practises), but at the same time we don't come across like some extreme dictatorship type site

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #12

Sounds good Az but what if some of us "dont" agree with whats written in it?

Admin Team

Az is Male
20-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
Sounds good Az but what if some of us "dont" agree with whats written in it?
We can do what I have planned for the Dogsey directory... a choice of about 5 'charters' that breeders who wish to list must select one of, or say they adhere to their own 'charter'.

There would 3 Dogsey ones, A B C, with A, being the highest most stringent(/most desirable from an owners point of view) a kennel club one, etc

Anyway I'm digressing, my point is we could have a number of them (say 3?) and people can say they're with A B C etc

Admin Team

Az is Male
07-01-2011, 01:45 AM   #14

Just a quick note to say I have moved our old Articles section in a more prominent position... and made it so that you can get help from the rest of the community when working on one... and simply post your final article in the main section when you're done

This seemed like the best idea as you don't have to wait for me to edit all of them - you guys will be able to do it better and faster this way... dunno why I didn't think of it before :blush:

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Short haired cross
03-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #15

I love Elaine's idea of a members' charter.

I can also see Az's argument that precluding certain people from membership is not the way forward, and that education is the key.

I wonder, however, if the inability to be included on Catsey as a member would be education in itself?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
03-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #16

[quote=
I wonder, however, if the inability to be included on Catsey as a member would be education in itself?[/quote]

Sorry, what do you mean?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
03-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladys
I wonder, however, if the inability to be included on Catsey as a member would be education in itself?
If they never join, how will they know how wonderful we are as a community and know what they are missing?

I much, much prefer the educational articles way of showing us to be the knowledgeable and (cat) friendly people we are, than the iron rules to exclude people. More flies with honey and all that, and much better chances of helping the merely confused to be the best cat-owners that they can be.
Less time wasted for the mods in factfinding and enforcing rules in a world where nothing much is purely good or evil, just shades of grey. I think we stretch their patience enough at times with our sometimes heated debates.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #18

Common sense as usual from Hreow; I concur completely.