Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #1

Orlando (Part 1)

We arrived in Orlando after a pleasant, but long 8 hour flight to be greeted with temperatures of 95/96º - quite a shock to our UK systems!

We "sailed" through all the airport procedures and collected our hire car - a 7 seater Dodge Caravan, a great car and extremely comfortable. It took us an hour to reach our hotel where we had booked a 3-bedroomed self catering very spacious apartment.

Our car leaving the car park...

The Pirate ship with water chute in the Hotel pool ....

The following day we were up early (5.00am!!!) and set off to visit SeaWorld where you can be entertained by fabulous shows featuring dolphins, killer whales and sea lions. You are also able to feed the stingrays and watch the gentle giants at the Manatee Rescue.

SeaWorld

Shamu whale.....

Shamu whale performing a flip-over sommersault

After a tragic accident last year when one of Shamu's trainers was killed, the trainers are no longer allowed in the water with the whales ..... quite right in my opinion too.

Dolphins .....

Stingrays ....

Penguins....

A giant of a walrus!

Aside from these show, there were lots of rides for adults and children alike to go on.

Typhoon Lagoon

Our second day was spent at Typhoon Lagoon, a leisurely water park which had a man-made beach with a tidal wave that arrived every 5 minutes! Brilliant fun until we discovered the wave was so strong if frequently knocked our granchildren off their feet! We resorted to the calmer option lying in a ring and floating around the continuous flowing creek that encircled the Park ....... we came across waterfall hazards that soaked us, but it was great fun and so cooling on a hot day.

There were various speed slides and raft rides but I stuck to the quieter life in my rubber ring!

Magic Kingdom

Day 3 and we were off the Magic Kingdom, a paradise for children young and old. There was so much to see and so many different rides to go on and shows to see. We had Fast Passes for most of the rides and shows which was a relief as the weather was sweltering and I didn't like the thought of queuing up in the heat for almost an hour for any of the activities.

Cinderella's castle is truly beautiful, the looks on the children's faces stays with you. The last time we saw it was in 1997 when Disney World celebrated it's 25th birthday, the castle was then all decorated in pink as a giant birthday cake.

We went on Splash Mountain, a raft that gently takes you through dark caves and small waterfall, then when you think the ride is over, you plummet off the end in a massive splashdown! What a cooler that was!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #2

Re: Orlando (Part 1)

Wonderful pictures Mags, it looks an amazing place......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
06-09-2010, 10:44 PM   #3

oh how lovely I went to the MK when I was 17, such wonderful memories x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
06-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #4

That really is a fairytale castle.

That walrus is massive!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-09-2010, 01:49 AM   #5

Stunning pics. Mags!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-09-2010, 10:01 AM   #6

Wonderful pictures Mags - love the marine photos - stunning. I love the idea of the ring ride, but you do truly need hot weather to make the idea pleasant. What a fabulous holiday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #7

Fabulous pics, especialy the Marine life. I just want to get in one of those rings and float around the creek.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
07-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #8

Fab photos Mags, so pleased you had a great time. Thanks for bringing back memories of our trip to Orlando a few years ago!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #9

Superb Mags, simply an unforgetabble holiday for all of you.