Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #1

BEWARE! Vista Guardian 2010

This is a new and clever scam - will pop up on your computer and tell you to register and receive protection from viruses, adware, malware etc. It runs a check and says you have lots of malicious software already on your computer. On no account accept it or register - it is a useless scam, but very clever and will panic you, especially if you use MS, because it looks just like a Microsoft Security program.

Get advise how to remove it.

This attacked me this afternoon - and I didn't download anything. Been offline since about 4 o'clock until my computer wizard sorted it for me. I have firewall and generally effective and proactive protection software and it got past that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-03-2010, 09:34 PM   #2

Re: BEWARE! Vista Guardian 2010

I have had that once or twice before. I never download anything like that coz i know G takes care of all that kinds of stuff, so I just shut down and re-boot.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #3

Good to know, thanks, Angie. I have gotten one here too telling me I have corrupted files and spyware; I just completely ignore it.And it refers to my PC, which I don't have.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
14-03-2010, 06:09 PM   #4

I've had a few of that type of pop up too - it is really annoying - as it goes (or appears to go) straight into a disc check even when I use the x or cancel. I get so annoyed with these things.

Thanks for the heads up.