Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
09-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #1

New car tax proposals

I was sent this email this morning about the new car tax proposals. I have signed the petition. I think Downing Street are trying to keep it all quiet so that nobody objects!!

All,

The content below was sent to me and may be of interest to you also.

Radio 2 talked about the proposed Road Pricing car tax scheme.

Apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to the 'Pay as you go' road tax. The petition is on the 10 Downing St

website but they didn't tell anybody about it. Therefore at the time of the comments only 250,000 people had signed it and 750,000 signatures

are required to stop them introducing it. Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do),

they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition.

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.

A non working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going,

so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and

pass this on to as many people as possible.

<http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/>

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
09-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #2

Re: New car tax proposals

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
09-02-2007, 05:13 PM   #3

Government can propose what they want, this type of thing will never come into force.

The logistics of getting everybodies car fitted with a device would not be possible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #4

Don't know if they could do it or not, but I'm signing anyway!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #5

I didn't know anything about this. I will certainly sign the petition