Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-10-2006, 06:47 PM   #11

Re: Greece

I would highly recomend a tour of the mainland. Have you been to the mainland before or has it been the islands you have visited? I havent been to many of the islands apart from Skopelos, Zakynthos and Kefalonia. Loved kefalonia but found the other 2 very touristy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
12-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #12

Been to Crete, Corfu, Thassos and Lesvos. Never the mainland, except when we stayed in Thassos there was a ferry link to the mainland to Kavala, which we liked a lot. I think if you chose your resort you can get quietude pretty well anywhere.
You would probably like Lesvos. Tourism comes second to olive growing but also a lot of Athenians holiday there, so it feels authentic Greek. Google for pics of Molyvos - a beautiful little town, with winding narrow (very narrow!) streets leading up to the ?castle atop the hill. Like Lindos, without the hordes!

Edit Here's the link http://www.lesvos.com/molyvos.html
We've stayed in Petra and taxi/bus/walk to Molyvos for (some) evenings. We got tangled up in a greek wedding in the harbour at Molyvos - The Captain's Table restaurant, as mentioned!
Petra is the only place I've been taken to the kitchen to chose supper rather than being offered a menu

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #13

That sounds excellent, thanx for the link.