Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #1

Thorny rose Thursday

Good morning, although it's not that good here, rainy and windy, the leaves are falling fast and furiously now. Missed my chance to get the magnolia taken back a bit, should have been done in September when the green leaves were still on.

Hope you are all tickety-boo I have to go for my mammogram in an hour so just psyching myself up for that.
It's the three year check, I don't think there'll be a problem, I do regular checks.

Shelley, I hope that little staffie pup finds a new home, such a shame. I know you had to bite your tongue but good on you for being helpful. What did he expect? Pups chew- it's what they do, should never have given in to a kid's whim.

Pandora is still AWOL, went out last night, not turned up yet, I think someone is feeding her, will have to put her collar back on her. There's been reports of air gun attacks on cats in the area, my other two are home safe, I'm worried but hopeful.

Talk later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #2

Re: Thorny rose Thursday

Morning PP - hope your exam is not too painful. I hate it but do go every time I'm called.

It's glorious here this morning, sunshine and blue sky. I've been out taking some pictures of autumn colour on the Zumak and a brave remaining clematis flower. Will post later if the photos are OK.

No calligraphy class today as the hall is being used for an all-day jumble!!! So I'll be working on my own in the scriptorium on my bit of a tea-towel design.

Fingers crossed Pandora comes home soon, little minx. Mine are both out atm, making the most of the nice weather - rain is forecast for this afternoon.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #3

Hi Angie, just to report, madam Pandy appeared at 3pm just as I'd finished with the chickens. Took a risk with a break in the rain to clean out the coop quickly and renew some straw and move the fencing so the girls have new/cleaner grass under their feet.

Mammogram went well, not as painful as I remember, nice Xray lady who knew her stuff and was efficient without being rushed.

Ceri's off to budgie club tonight, he doesn't know it yet otherwise he'll be fretting about it. Asks when he's going and when he'll be back, time is very much a focus to him as he doesn't remember and has no concept of the passage of time. Plus, he gets lazy and doesn't want to move from his comfort zone! tough cheese, he's going out, I need some me time

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
16-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #4

Glad your mammogram went ok PP. Enjoy your 'me time'. Hope the tea towel goes well Angie, I still haven't started my cards .

Just taken delivery of a cardboard scratch box for the cats. It has holes in the side and top with rattly balls inside. It took Swirl about 10 seconds to fish out the balls! Too clever by half is Swirl. Barnes loves poking his paw in the holes and Inky has been rolling round in the cat nip I put on it. Getting nearer to having Huggins home, hurrah.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #5

hello all, I'm recovering from delivering my first paid workshop to a school! I taught all 4 key stage 2 classes (60 children AM, 60 children PM) so am a bit tired now......

I'm glad that Pandy arrived home and that the mammogram was OK PP. I'll be interested in the design you come up with Angie. The scratch box sounds intriguing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #6

evening all.
Been to work this morning , it went well.
Home to pack for my working weekend away, finished now, glad it's done i hate packing.
Visited the library and got fresh supplies, always reminds me of Eileen, she used to love her library visits.
Chris has his friend for tea every fortnight and treats us all to a chippy meal.
Nette, so glad Pandy arrived home and that the hens are ok, enjoy your me time.
Angie, hope your tea cloth design works well
FM, hope the cats like their new scratch thingy, clever Swirl.
CS, glad your workshop went well, have a nice rest