Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-11-2005, 02:19 PM   #51

Re: Bleeding

Good to hear she is back home Luke, keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
15-11-2005, 08:27 PM   #52

How is she this evening Luke?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
15-11-2005, 10:28 PM   #53

thanks everyone, sorry havent been on all day been so busy Elsa is a lot better now, she has eaten and passed motion with no blood at all.
When she had a consultation shortly after we got her she was seen by the vetrinary nurse, TBH she was more weighing and such. Im not sure whythings werent picked up on
The lady whom 'bred' Elsa (if you can call it that) claimed having no idea of what was going on when we asked why she had not bothered to take the kittens to a vet or at least worm/de-flea them she answered oooh i dont buy in for that tosh ( i know do not even get me started on that one) im not sure what we can do, but as the 2 litters of crosses she had were 'accidental' apparentlly the vet said we would have little grounds to report her on, sad i know
at least Elsa is feeling better now, she is curled up in her crate snorring her head off, im so glad she is ok
thankyou all for your kind wishes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
15-11-2005, 10:32 PM   #54

Good to hear she is feeling better, give her a few days to get her strength back and she will be driving you nuts again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
15-11-2005, 10:37 PM   #55

Glad she's feeling better.
I don't really think it matters or not that the kittens were the result of an accidental mating, the fact is - they were born & she should have raised them properly & responsibly. I pressume as they are first crosses you paid a price for her & it is only right that they should have been wormed & treated for fleas.
For the kittens to be so heavily infested with fleas & worms - her house will be riddled with fleas & all her mother cats must have worms too.
As for the VN - even if she wasn't giving you a consultation - if she weighed your baby - she should have at least looked at her & noticed the fleas & ear mites.
Anyway - you must now look to the future & let's just hope she continues getting better.

- If you haven't already I would get some acclaim from the vets & spray your house, also do your other cat & your pooches.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-11-2005, 10:37 PM   #56

I'm glad she is recovering well Luke.....
Can't say I think much of that veterinary nurse as it doesn't take much to spot a flea infestation
Hope things continue to improve and she is up and about causing mischief once again

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
15-11-2005, 10:43 PM   #57

thanks Emma,
thanks Smudgely, i think the woman is just sooo irresponsible, and yes i have been dousing everyone else (petswise with the stuff the vet perscruibed)
thanks Mags im sure she will be

and BTW the nurse was jsut out of colleage and blonde, explains the non flea spotting

*runs for cover*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #58

So please Elsa is on the mend Luke....

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
15-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #59

thankyou Moli

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-11-2005, 11:01 PM   #60

I'm blonde Luke but even I could detect a heavy flea, ear mite and worm infestation

Glad she is on the mend, lots of cuddles and tlc and she'll soon be back up to speed!