Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggy
06-11-2007, 04:55 PM   #1

Hello :o)

I joined last week, so really should get around to introducing myself.
I am from Suffolk, and I am owned by a beautiful black cat called Tinker.

Tinker was about 8 years old when we got her, she was unwanted, unfreindly and obese. Her previous owner was moving in with his girlfriend, who was allegedly allergic to cats, and he asked if I would take Tinker until he found a new home for her as he was worried she wouldn't find a home through a rescue. What he failed to tell us is that Tinker was wild and had already been through a number of homes. His supposedly allergic-to-cats girlfriend managed to drive all the way from London with Tinker in her car to deliver her to us (how allergic could she be if spending 2 hours in a car with a cat was fine?), and we were faced with this black demon who was all claws and teeth. Once out of the cage she retreated to a high shelf, out of sight, and stayed there for 3 weeks. Eventually Tinker got bored of her shelf and plucked up the courage to come and say hello, it was then that we discovered just how handy she was with claws and teeth. It took a long time to calm her down!
She is 19 now, and is a proper lap cat, but is still wary of strangers. She is very vocal, and has opinions about everything which she likes to tell me all about.

This is Tinker, taken about a year ago but she hasn't really changed:

Until a couple of months ago we did have another cat, Bobby, a 14 year old black and white long haired scruffy cat. He always looked such a mess, he lost an eye in a road accident when he was only 3, and then at the beginning of this year lost an ear to cancer, but he still managed to look like the cutest cat ever. Sadly his numerous ailments finally got the better of him, and when we were away on holiday he was taken ill suddenly. My Mum rushed him to the vets, but he died on the way. The vet said it was likely to have been a heart attack.

This is Bobby, taken just a few days before he died.

So, for the first time in about 20 years we are down to just one cat, and the house seems awfully quiet. We have thought long and hard about getting another cat given Tinkers advanced age. We have now decided to try to get a pair of kittens, the decision has been finalised somewhat by a family of mice who have tried to move into our kitchen (we live in a rural area), and Tinker has told us that she doesn't do mousing.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #2

Re: Hello :o)

Hi and a proper welcome to our friendly site!

What a lovely introduction you have given us too, it's so nice to read about Tinker's history.. So sorry to read about Bobby, it sounds like he had a very hard life, poor boy..

Hope you'll enjoy it here with us!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
06-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #3

Well hello and Welcome to Catsey. What a great introduction . So pleased that you have come forward (so to speak) and said hello.
I hope you enjoy your time here. It's a home from home

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
06-11-2007, 05:38 PM   #4

Welcome to Catsey What a lovely tail about Tinker so glad she has found her forever home with you. Sorry to hear about Bobby, he looked fantastic.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2007, 05:44 PM   #5

What a lovely introduction! Lucky Tinker to have ended up with you! Love that "she doesn't do mice" bit! Hope you enjoy the friendly forum!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
07-11-2007, 01:37 AM   #6

Welcome to Catsey Tinker Poor Bobby went through some rough times didn't he? He was a beautiful cat tho, even with his rakish look

Tinker sounds like a handful but fell on his feet when he came to you He is beautiful

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-11-2007, 07:06 AM   #7

Hi and welcome to Catsey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-11-2007, 08:12 AM   #8

What lovely piccies. Tinker sounds quite a character, I'm sure she'll keep the new kittens in tow So sad to read about Bobby

Look forward to chatting to you

Catsey Veteran

07-11-2007, 11:13 AM   #9

Hello,Welcome to Catsey Tinker is gorgeous looking forward to seeing more pics ,sorry to read about bobby
Hope you enjoy it here

Catsey Junior

08-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #10

Thank you for the welcome everyone