Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
13-11-2023, 08:59 AM   #1

Really hot Monday

Good morning ladies,
Monday, nearly 8pm here and we're having some really hot weather lately. Yesterday and today ,it was around 26 degrees and it remained hot all through the night as well. Almost impossible to sleep well. It's going to be hot tomorrow again I hear.
I had the two children last weekend again, which was surprising as I thought they would want to go to the airport to pick up their mum.......but no. Brenna was pleased to get back from Singapore as she got terribly bitten by mosquitos or some horrible insects and she said it was very hot. She got back to Christchurch on Saturday afternoon, but now has flown up to Napier today for the week, to work at one of the clinics up there. I don't really know why she bothered coming home at all. !!! We all had a good weekend anyway. Janna wasn't working and we had fun with the children. I had to lay a few ground rules with Asha though who was teasing Oren . I will not have that behaviour. On Saturday night, we sat out the back and listened to The Corrs ,who were playing in Hagley Park. The night was very still and we could hear them so clearly.

Last Thursday, Sophie came and groomed the cats. She shaved freddie and Betsey and just clipped a few matts off Snoddy and Miracle. She also gave them all a brazilian shave and sprayed some cat cologne on them all - they've never smelled so good.Freddie has not yet got used to having no fur and is very wary, but Betsey is fine. It's lucky ,in one way ,that the weather has been so good, as I was worried about them getting cold. No chance at the moment. Unfortunately I was holding Freddie and he managed to bite my hand HARD............and yes, the next day it became infected and i had to go to the doctor who gave me antibiotics yet again. It's feeling a lot better now, although it was really sore for a couple of days.

We're in the middle of another wave of covid here at the moment, so I'm going to have the latest vaccination in a few weeks once my hand is OK.

Janna and I have been watching episodes of The Fall, which is really really good. Shelley, you would love it if you like a real psychological thriller, but Pamela, although it's not a horror, it is about a serial killer and his crimes,and it is graphic, so perhaps it's not for you. I certainly wouldn't be watching it on my own.

PAMELA,sorry you're having chilly weather at the moment .How about sending a bit of that chill over this way ? Robyn seems to be going ahead in leaps and bounds with her trailing and you must be so proud that you're seeing such great results with her. I hope the one on one training session yesterday went well What exactly is the problem with her on lead ? Does she pull too much? I don't really know anything about man trailing. Poor Mia being afraid of the fireworks. I'm glad you're keeping her at home for a bit. My cats hated the fireworks too and there are still idiots letting them off even now. It drives me crazy. I hope work is going well for you Pamela and you're not working too hard. You'll be looking forward to finishing for xmas.

SHELLEY, sounds as if you've had a busy time lately with coffee mornings, entertaining and heading to Surrey for the weekend. That coffee morning sounds lovely and congratulations on winning some wine and chocolate. Where are you going to put the plant that you bought? It must have been great to catch up with your friends in Surrey. I hope you sold some of your items at the stall.I'm glad that your dad and Reuben came for a meal last week.I'm sure they both enjoyed it. I haven't heard of The Long Shadow but I'm going to look it up. What genre is it? I watched Dunkirk recently - I remember you saying it was really good, so when it came on TV I thought I'd have a look at it - and I loved it. I've also been watching the TV series of Joseph Hellers book, Catch 22 which was a bit crude in parts, but really good.

Well ladies I'm off now to watch a couple of episodes of The Fall and then go to bed and try and sleep. It hasn't cooled down at all.

Have a fantastic Monday ,Pamela and Shelley.