Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #1

What time

What time do you feed your cats morning, noon or night? and one or two meals a day?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-04-2007, 10:52 PM   #2

Re: What time

In the morning at 7.30 when I get the girls up for school, and again at night around 5pm. Broxi and Cooper have their dry food left out all day for them to nibble on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-04-2007, 11:38 PM   #3

Leia has breakfast in the morning when I get up, and dinner in the evening; but little snacks at lunch time, tea time and before bed. I think maybe I'm feeding her a little too much......she's getting a bit..... well.... plump ,,,? She's not an active cat....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
29-04-2007, 12:47 AM   #4

Jerry has 1 pouch in the morning about 7.30 when i get home from wrk and his dry food down all day,but since hes been on his antibiotics hes had 2 pouches so i can get him to take them,he has the 2nd pouch bout 5pm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
29-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #5

6am & 6pm...

lol @ Eileen. Wonder why she's getting plump Eileen.... with all those snacks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
29-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #6

About 7am in the morning when I wake up, then around 6pm in the evening when I am in the kitchen cooking.

Maybe a handful of dry food when I go to bed if they are looking at me with "those eyes"!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-04-2007, 10:17 AM   #7

Cassis has one third of a tin of Whiskas at 7.30am and a third of a tin at 4.30pm. .... has a small handful of dry food when I go to bed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
29-04-2007, 11:34 AM   #8

Trying to feed them all at 8am and then 6pm. I know what you mean about them eyes looking at you but with both simon and guinness not realy able to eat any food in between it has to be this way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-04-2007, 12:13 PM   #9

Hmmm yeap thought so.
Cleo has about 8-10 meals a day and eats them all (pretty much all anyhow maybe a mouthful left) she eats pouches of her flavour of the month food Whiskas Oh so fishy/meaty, or whiskas kitten or senior tinned (those little tins) she also likes the organic small packs of cat food.

The majority of her food being the pouches has them about (APPROX) 5am,7.30-8am,10am, 1pm 3-4pm, dinner about 6-7 which can be either cod (freshly cooked of course) fillet grilled lamb, roast chicken breast, steak grilled etc. then another pouch about 9-10 and another about 12-1 if I get up for the loo.
She has been known to demand one about 3am too....

I spoke to the vets the other day they rang to see how she was which I thought was nice, and after trying to estimate what she ate I started a list writing down when she's fed and discovered how much and the times.
Sundays and weekdays when we have a joint of meat she has the meat too, or spaghetti bol she loves that,
lunch times she will have ham if I do ham sarnies. And once a week she has tinned pilchards or sardines in tom sauce, and tinned red salmon (she dislikes the pink)

The vet when I rang back yesterday said - thats whats keeping her going the quallity and quanity of the food due to her kidneys actually giving up, instead of her body "eating" her rescources to keep her going she is using the fuel from the food does that make sense to anyone?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #10

I'm sure Cleo's regime is just right for her. Even without the kidney issues she wouldn't appreciate huge meals at her time of life