Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
17-09-2007, 09:06 PM   #11

Re: What should I do

My friends cat will only eat wet food if she sprinkles .................. FISH FOOD on it. Might be worth a try.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-09-2007, 09:10 PM   #12

??? That's a new one! Might try it for my fussy girl; worth a try! Thanks for the tip!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy
18-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
My friends cat will only eat wet food if she sprinkles .................. FISH FOOD on it. Might be worth a try.
LOL funny you should say that Kay, I put some fish food on whiskers rabbit food out of shere desperation and bless ebony she gobble it up how long i will have to do this i dont know but at least she is eating wet food again.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
18-09-2007, 11:08 AM   #14

Is she an only cat? Usually only get fussy eaters when there is no competition. I go with putting wet food with a sprinkle of dry on top. If she doesn't eat it at the first offering take it away and put it down again at the next meal. Cat's very rarely become anorexic! but they are great at trying their luck on getting something they prefer. Mine have never been fussy because if they don't eat it when it goes down there are others who definitely will!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy
18-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #15

Yes Rosie she is an only cat and she certainly does try her luck but she seems to like whiskers with rabbit so i will see how she goes, fussey little madame that she is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-09-2007, 03:56 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Is she an only cat? Usually only get fussy eaters when there is no competition. I go with putting wet food with a sprinkle of dry on top. If she doesn't eat it at the first offering take it away and put it down again at the next meal. Cat's very rarely become anorexic! but they are great at trying their luck on getting something they prefer. Mine have never been fussy because if they don't eat it when it goes down there are others who definitely will!
Excellent observation; I should have thought of that!!! Leia wasn't at all fussy when Dandy and Patches were alive......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
29-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire m
LOL funny you should say that Kay, I put some fish food on whiskers rabbit food out of shere desperation and bless ebony she gobble it up how long i will have to do this i dont know but at least she is eating wet food again.
My friend has been doing this with Fudge for years now and she is a very healthy cat.