Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-08-2007, 10:52 PM   #11

Re: Can of tuna?

My cats don't much like any fishy things so they don't get either sardines or tuna. They prefer a little bit of cooked chicken or lamb. By the way, I didn't even know you could get tuna in spring water! it sounds revolting. I'm with dandysmom on this .... olive oil every time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
My cats don't much like any fishy things so they don't get either sardines or tuna. They prefer a little bit of cooked chicken or lamb. By the way, I didn't even know you could get tuna in spring water! it sounds revolting. I'm with dandysmom on this .... olive oil every time!
Tastes do differ, but I think it's awful! You're lucky to be able to find it; you have to go with imported here in Washington to get it in olive oil! The time I bought some in water by mistake even Misty the tuns lover wouldn't eat it!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
13-08-2007, 01:55 PM   #13

Must admit I waited until mine were one and onto adult food before adding anything to the diets.

Denis eats tuna, sardines, looooves prawns (but not king prawns), white fish (but only the cheap ones, won't eat sea bass), loooooves chicken, any cooked meat but not corned beef, mushroom soup, cheese and onion crisps, Think he's tried most things he is rather spoilt you know

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #14

No cheese? Misty, who adored tuna also would kill for chedder......

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #15

Loves cream cheese but can take or leave ordinary cheese

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
13-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #16

I buy 6 pack tuna in springwater from Asda..Millie loves it.

John >^..^<

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
13-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #17

None of mine eat tuna they turn there noses up at it. The only fish they get is prawns very occasionaly and fish that we microwave for 3 mintues and they love it but it must be warm.

jane

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 09:53 PM   #18

They are soooooooo spoilt arn't they?
I read a while a go in the silent meow that a tip for kittens was to ignore the food offered and then to eat something half dead or walked in so that owners think your starving but couldn't possibly eat the food served unless it was of the highest standard..I wonder how many of us could say that our cats have never done that and that we hadn't obliged

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
They are soooooooo spoilt arn't they?
I read a while a go in the silent meow that a tip for kittens was to ignore the food offered and then to eat something half dead or walked in so that owners think your starving but couldn't possibly eat the food served unless it was of the highest standard..I wonder how many of us could say that our cats have never done that and that we hadn't obliged
\The Silent Meow ought to be required reading for all cat owners!!! An insight into their psychology...... my favorite expression from that book is "When in doubt, wash" .........

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #20

It is a cracker isn't it. I like the tips for getting around the man of the house. I passed it over to OH and said 'Who's got who wrapped?' He didn't have much to say..but he does love him to bits