Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-10-2006, 09:36 AM   #11

Re: Out of ideas now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Misty always has the runs when I give her cheese (although she does love it) so be careful. If it was my cat I would just stop all cat food completely. Leave as long a break as I could - 24 hours being the best - and then just plain steamed cod or plain chicken.

You are not giving them milk at all are you as this causes diarreah in a lot of cats?
I haven't tried 24 hours, if no better by tomorrow will give that a try. Re the chicken, i have done that with him but the probs come as soon as we try to reinttroduce normal cat food. Definately not giving them milk!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-10-2006, 05:07 PM   #12

So solution is = feed them fish and chicken and not cat food!!!

I buy the blocks of frozen cod from the supermarket that you can steam from frozen in the microwave. Cooks in 4 minutes and a perfect size meal.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #13

So solution is = feed them fish and chicken and not cat food!!!

I buy the blocks of frozen cod from the supermarket that you can steam from frozen in the microwave. Cooks in 4 minutes and a perfect size meal.

LOL, Donna. I've already gone out and bought a load of chicken breast and rice. I'll get some fish on monday. As we're going away next week I've already arranged for a friend (fellow cat lover) to come in and look after the boys next week and I didn't want to leave her with the prob of dodgy tums, so she'll feed them that the week we are away. However, I can't keep them on that as the my oldest cat Broxi is quite happy on his whiskas and Cooper keeps trying to nick his food, so they will all have to be on the same food eventually, also I believe in giving them dry food too and at the moment their stomachs can't tolerate it, so will have to be weaned on to that too at some later stage.