Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #1

Oscar

Hi All
Please when you read this smile, for Oscar always has been a happy white and ginger cat.

I took him to the vets this morning in no pain or discomfort and had him PTS, because his time has come to an end. I held him to the end and after and have brought him home and buried him in the back garden under the tree that throws the dappled shade in summer.

He has had a long and happy and very much loved life and I could not see him suffer so I have made the descision and sent him on ahead. Although in reality he will never leave my heart.

Oscar 1982 - Dec 2005. My cat.

Take care all and Happy Christmas Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
18-12-2005, 12:32 PM   #2

Re: Oscar

Very sorry to hear this Kazz, I didnt think poor Oscar was poorly There arent many who reach his age, you should be proud of yourself knowing he had the most wonderful, happy long life.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-12-2005, 12:46 PM   #3

Sorry to hear this Kazz, "HUG"S to you, you did what was right for Oscar...

Run Free beautiful Boy.................

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #4

Oh Kazz, I am so sorry to hear this as I thought the steroids were helping him. He has been a long devoted companion to you and has had the best life any cat could wish for. Your final deed of love was to free him from any suffering. Thinking of you and your family Kazz and sending you comfort and ((((hugs)))) xx

Run free Oscar, your mum will never forget you xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #5

Sweet dreams sweet boy
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
18-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #6

I am so sorry Kazz to hear your sad news, but you did the kindest thing which proved your love. Thinking of you x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
18-12-2005, 01:11 PM   #7

Kazz i am so very sorry he was such a gorgeous cat. But he gave you many years of 'loyal service' and you did him the biggest favour by ending his pain
((((BIG HUGS)))
Luke x

Catsey Veteran

18-12-2005, 01:15 PM   #8

Thank you all.
Cleo is asleep on the rug as I type as of yet I think unphased she has never spent more than a few hours without him in the last 23 years, apart from when he went off hunting
I brought Oscar into the house and laid him on his bed so she could see him but she didn't even pause she bolted from the room totally unlike her. So I suspect she knows - even if she does not understand as we do.

Anyhow Take care all Karen

Catsey Junior

18-12-2005, 01:17 PM   #9

Kazz, sorry to hear about your Oscar and I hope he is playing over the Rainbow bridge with my dugless.

Catsey Veteran

18-12-2005, 02:04 PM   #10

Please try to remember to smile. He has such a happy and much loved life. Throughout his life he has always looked to me for reassurance and today he got it. So please smile he was a happy cat.

Oscar for those who don't know taken a few weeks ago in the spotwhere he is now buried.