Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-07-2014, 09:01 AM   #1

Starbrust Saturday

Good morning everyone. Its bright here today but threatening to get overcast. Been out for our morning walk today, got boiled eggs and toast on for breakfast Couldnt think of a chocolate bar we havent used so went for a sweet instead

Not got much planned for today. I want to go through my camping kit to see what i have and if i need to replace anything next week which is the only time i have before we go.

Ive put pictures of Harris up as its a year ago today we had to take him to the vet and got the news that the vet didnt think he would make it through the night. A year on and he is doing amazing!!

Have a great day folks. Happy belated 4th of July to american members

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #2

Re: Starbrust Saturday

Morning Pamela, glad you have some bright weather - hope it stays dry for your camping holiday! Lovely photo of Harris, isn't he a panther of a boy?

Overcast here and heavy rain overnight, good for the garden it did need it.

OH is out with the dogs atm. Monty did well at the vet, who thought the thing on his leg was a puncture wound of some kind but it is clean and uninfected, so we will continue with the Hibiscrub wash for a few days until it heals. Monty isn't licking it as much now. But in 4 weeks, he has gained weight, so is having his food cut down. OH said the look he gave his daddy when his reduced amount bowl went down for breakfast was priceless! Poor dog!!!

May just be a catch up on housework morning here and an afternoon in the scriptorium. I have finished my lotus book now (must take some photos) so I'm on to a new project now - I'd started a calligram last term at class, so I'll continue with that I think.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #3

Good morning both! It's brightening up here after a very wet night. I'm looking after daughter's doggie Poppy for the weekend, not here but going to and from her house to do feeds and walks etc. Poppy is a JRT and a bit snappy around cats so can't come here.

Yesterday must have been the 13th because it was a bad luck day for me! First I tripped and fell coming out of the card shop as I was putting change in my purse- didn't hurt myself, just my pride. Then as I queued in Peacocks to pay for trousers, I knocked nail varnish off the counter on to the floor- black nail varnish- there was a mess! I knew it was time to go home!

Have fun in the scriptorium Angie, hope Harris is celebrating his extended life in style Pamela xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #4

Morning Pamela, Angie and Nette.
James Blunt was fabulous last night, he sounded just as good as he does on the CD's and gave a great performance. We did get soaked though.Got some pictures so will post some soon.
We've been out a country lane walk this morning and called at the pet shop for Dog food.
Off to see a friend this afternoon.
Pamela, i must have a look at Harris picture, truly a celebration.
Angie would like to see a picture of your Lotus book and what is a Calligram ?
Nette, hope you have a better day today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #5

By the way i remember when starburst were Opal fruits

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #6

Yes, so do I!!!

Shelley a calligram is a picture made up of words basically. So you might see the image of a dove made up of the word "Peace" - that sort of thing.

I'll be trying to get some photos of the lotus book today, may be a bit tricky as it's all folded up .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-07-2014, 11:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
By the way i remember when starburst were Opal fruits
I still call them opal fruits!! Only starburst today because my imagination wasn't in gear when I posted!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #8

Opal fruits here too- they remind me of holidays as Mum always had them in the car for long journeys. Opal fruits and dehydrated orange juice both remind me of camping. Can you still get that orange juice? It came in pouches of crystals and had a very distinctive taste. I loved it as a child but would probably hate it now.

A so so sort of Saturday here- domestic stuff mostly. We do click and collect for the supermarket shop and I don't always get it right- I'll be making carrot soup tomorrow - I meant three carrots but got three bags of carrots.

I'm looking forward to seeing your calligram Angie. Hope you have recovered from your bad day PP! Harris is looking very handsome Pamela. Glad you enjoyed James Blunt Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #9

Afternoon all.

Sorry been absent this week really if not more a lot of work getting A. Brenda into the extra care housing - but today she is in and I am happy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #10

Hi again, Yes I've had a better day (and a safer one) today, Shelley. no accidents. the weather really got warm and sunny we took Poppy for a walk in the park and Ceri enjoyed his 'airing'. Glad you got A. Brenda sorted Kazz, the wheels of social care turn so slowly.

Opal Fruits- made to make your mouth water! I remember those, mmm. You had a hard job to get all the wax paper off though if they's been kept in a warm school desk. The OJ crystals I'm not too sure of. I used to have quite a sweet tooth, do you remember sherbet dabs, You'd stick a lolly into sugar crystals all colours of the rainbow and lick off the sherbet. Even the thought of it makes my salivary glands wince now

Only football on tonight so going to dig out an old rom-com dvd. Have a nice evening all.