Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-03-2007, 05:19 PM   #11

Re: Hmphf! The whole world is NOT your litter box!!

I've had the same thoughts as Fran and Sammy ....

Cats owned: Sunshine (Calico), Buddy (Wht./Tan)
05-03-2007, 04:16 AM   #12

No, I'm not in the garage ALL the time. I have school. But I pay a lot of attention to them. School and animals are basically my life, so I know it's not boredom. The reason we don't let the cats loose outside is because of the dangers-we live in a rual area. We're a couple hundred feet off the road, but coyotes, stray/feral cats, raccoons, etc.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
05-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #13

I would say the poor things are getting bored of being in a garage all day every day and are probably getting bored of one another, due to the fact they have no other room that they can have time away from each other.

Maybe change of scenery would help the cats?! Have you ever tried walking them on a harness?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-03-2007, 08:39 PM   #14

Excellent idea Tanya! I've harness-trained all but one of mine, most as kittens but one as an adult, and they loved it...change of scenery, new smells, etc! Good stimulation!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats
07-03-2007, 12:09 PM   #15

Quote:
It's seems rather unusual that you keep your cats in the garage, with no outside access. I am assuming you don't spend all your time in the garage with them? and that they spend a lot of time on their own in there? The urine spreying could be behavourial due boredom and a yearning for more human intervention?
Totally agree cannot think of a worse way for a cat to spend its time. They need social interaction with people most of the time if they cannot go outside - surely?