Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #1

Visit to the Apple Store

Maybe this belongs in Non Cat Chat, please move if needed

Loved the store: big, gleaming white, full of electronics and extremely helpful friendly people. No sign whatsoever on the building, just glass walls floor to ceiling streetside with just the Apple logo above ... no wording. Cool!

I didn't get exactly what I wanted. The desktop doesn't come any smaller than 21.5", quite a bit larger than I'd have preferred. I liked the laptop's size, but they all had that keyboard flat, not slightly tilted: I hated that when using Carolyn's laptop Mac. And no mouse! Just a sort of flat space that acted as a mouse when you moved your finger around .... didn't like that feature either, although I suppose it's the current thing now.
The mouse with the desktop is weird looking, nothing like my current one, and both it and the keyboard are wireless! A lot of new things to adjust to.

Anyhow, new computer sitting in its box till I get moved ..... always something!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
08-06-2011, 04:26 PM   #2

Re: Visit to the Apple Store

Wow thats big for a desktop! Any idea of when your move is?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-06-2011, 06:05 PM   #3

glad you got fixed up, Eileen.

Catsey Veteran

08-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #4

We're meeting with the manager on June 13th to look at available units; but have not yet heard if I meet the financial requirements ...... keep vibes coming, please!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
08-06-2011, 08:36 PM   #5

Oh i hope you get a positive resp Eileen! *hugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #6

Well you obviously you are still on the list Eileen otherwise they would not be showing you units. Remember to check what side the unit is on evening sun? morning sun? whcich would you prefer?

Catsey Veteran

08-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #7

Oh Kazz, I'm ahead of you there: want the full length windows, the Southern exposure (Western in a pinch, the more sun/light the better), and near the elevators! And hopefully, on the floor that has the outside roof deck, but that would be a bonus, bot a necessity ... can always get there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #8

I really hope they accept your application Eileen. You would be a great addition to the community I'm sure.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh Kazz, I'm ahead of you there: want the full length windows, the Southern exposure (Western in a pinch, the more sun/light the better), and near the elevators! And hopefully, on the floor that has the outside roof deck, but that would be a bonus, bot a necessity ... can always get there.

See that would be my priority too............... we will need pictures of prospective units available from Mondays visit .

Catsey Veteran

09-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #10

Kass, all the studio apartments are exactly the same plan. One difference is windows. some have larger ones. And the closet and kitchen is on the left side as you enter in some, and on the right in others.