Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
11-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #1

More savings - home insurance renewals

Just had our home insurance policy for this year in the post, it has risen by over £200 (no claims by us and no changes to the policy)

Checked on some of the comparision websites and it would appear that we can get it £300 cheaper.

Phoned up the insurance company and they would not price match (they did last year - after trying to increase it by over £200)

So we have changed insurance and saved ourselves £280!! for an identicial policy.

So my advice - check to see if you are paying too much for your insurance.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #2

Re: More savings - home insurance renewals

The same thing happened to us a few years ago, we found a cheaper insurance on a comparison website. Like yours our original company wouldn't match the price so we swopped and saved ourselves quite a bit of money

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #3

Well waiting for this years home insurance policy to pop on the mat and have just go myself some quotes so can see me sdoind a little hard bartering this year.....the joy of recuping at home.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #4

It really is worth checking before every renewal isn't it? We will be checking our gas and electricity supplier too as we've just had a letter telling us that fuel prices are going up again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #5

Everything goes up! My health insurance Medigap policy increased by $200.00 this year, only one claim for a routine checkup; property tax up too even though assessed valuation went down for the whole neighborhood ... there is no end!! Bah!