Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-12-2006, 03:04 PM   #21

Re: Still no improvement

I hope the improvement will continue Nae - and speed up if possible. Poor little chap - he's been off colour for a while.
Interesting about the Metacam. Cats are so difficult to treat - they are sensitive to lots of drugs.
I've only had experience of it with dogs but kazz said Oscar used to have it. Don't know if that was jab or suspension though ... rather suspect it was jab, as I think I remember her saying how quickly it acted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
09-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #22

He's still sleeping bless him, he's hadly moved all day but he is breathing. Had to check a couple of times

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #23

Yep we were a jab, he could have just banged it Naomi and we are all worrying too much I hope. Sure he'll be okay soon sounds like he's got more sense than we have he's doing what anyone with a poorly leg would do he's resting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #24

Metacam isn't liscensed for cats Nae but it is used. lucky had it last year when her leg was bad and now Porsha is on it for her rhinitis. It does say Metacam for dogs on the bottle but a lot of vets do use it for cats at their discretion - even my rabbit has had metacam in the past. It's rather like us taking Ibuprofen, must be taken with food and can cause upset tummies in any animal as Ibuprofen can in humans

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #25

Thats right I am certain the trio with elderly cats all had Metcam for our cats Me for Oz, Fran for Lucky and I think Elaine for Winston.

Catsey Veteran

09-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #26

Timmy's just been sick so I'm hoping it's the start of an improvement in him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #27

Porr Timmy Nae. He is having a time of it at the moment isn't he? Fingers crossed he will start to pick up now, How's your little boy handling it, 'cause Timmys his cat isn't he?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
09-12-2006, 11:28 PM   #28

awwwwwwwww i hope he is getting better by now??my kitten has taken 3 n half weeks to be able to walk in a straight line so maybe its just time he needs?

Catsey Veteran

10-12-2006, 09:05 AM   #29

Thomas is handling it really well and is making sure that he has his medicine. Thomas is being extremely responsible and is wanting to give me some more of his xmas money to help towards Timmy's vet bill. I've told him no he can keep his xmas money to buy his dad a pressie when he comes home

Timmy's improved over the night and is walking better, altho not perfectly and still not his full weight but it looks like things are slowly picking up.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
10-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #30

I am glad things are looking up. Metacam isn't licenced for use in cats, but the majority of cases where there are severe reactions are on the large doses - I have been given it for 2 cats, and they have both been fine - as have their blood tests, but neither have had mor than 3 drops a day.