Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #11

Re: National Service?

Kay - there is a huge difference between scroungers and those who have a genuine reason for not being able to work. I think everyone is of the opinion that there are people who make a life choice not to work and will do everything in their power to avoid taking a job.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
06-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Kay - there is a huge difference between scroungers and those who have a genuine reason for not being able to work. I think everyone is of the opinion that there are people who make a life choice not to work and will do everything in their power to avoid taking a job.
Thanks Yola. I get a bit sick of comments. Sorry I let rip.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #13

Don't worry m'dear. Sounds like you have an awful lot on your plate

((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
06-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #14

Kay
I think there is a world of diffrence between you and benefit scroungers. I was talking about todays youth. Lack of respect, not wanting to work you know the world ows me attitude.
I myself am disabled and get benefits but untill my accident held down at least one job, mostly two.

Catsey Veteran

06-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Kay
I think there is a world of diffrence between you and benefit scroungers. I was talking about todays youth. Lack of respect, not wanting to work you know the world ows me attitude.
I myself am disabled and get benefits but untill my accident held down at least one job, mostly two.
Thanks Jac. It's not easy is it. I too held down ajob from leaving school till I had my eldest, that was eight years in the same job which I didn't particularly like but it paid a half decent wage. I agree they don't seem to want to work anymore.

Thanks once more Yola.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
06-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
I do agree with what is being said on here but I am also a little upset. I am on e of those people on benefit and I would not consider myself to be a waster. I cannot get a job as I have two disabled children to care for as a single mum because their father, who has got a job, couldn't cope. No employer would give me the time of work that is needed to care for my children as they have a lot of hospital appointments all over the country. I did intend going back to work, all be it part time, after the birth of my eldest but things don't always work out the way we want them. So please do not class everyone on benefits as wasters there are some out there that are genuine.
Didnt meant to upset you Kay - I get annoyed at the people who CAN work, but wont by choice and just live off everyone else. You CANT work for legitimate reasons - I do not include you or anyone like you caring for disabled children or similar.

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2006, 01:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Didnt meant to upset you Kay - I get annoyed at the people who CAN work, but wont by choice and just live off everyone else. You CANT work for legitimate reasons - I do not include you or anyone like you caring for disabled children or similar.
Thanks Donna. I didn't mean to get upset with anyone on here. It is these very people that make us genuine people tarred with the same brush.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #18

god knowsit should never have been stopped.
I also reckon that instead of giving these yopbbos stupid namby pamby punishments like community service etc, send em away for few months national service, if they misbehave while there make em stay longer.

This country is far too soft on offenders, training them, tacheing them new skills, finding them homes. OFten they sit in prisons with cable / satellite tv, etc.

I do agree with rehabilitating them etc, but theyre there for punishment. I dont get free education etc.
Make all prisons run by the army, how many soldierd sent to the glass house re-offend? nowhere near as many as in civilian prisons.

bring back national service, get the yobs off the streets,a nd send the parents too, most parents these days dont know or give a damn what thier kids are up to!