Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #11

Re: Help with microchip....

Smudgley to the rescue! That's four less legs in your house now!!!! Great news for Nelson and his mum.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
05-02-2008, 12:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
That's a lovely ending to Nelson's escapade.......... I bet his Mom was over the moon, probably thought she would never see him again too..
Over the moon is an understatement... she was unbelievably excited!

and she knows my husband & the lady who found him is a teacher at my daughters school.... everyone knows us in the village

She only had him neutered and chipped last week so that was money well spent... but a disappointing bit to the tale was that the lady who found him called the local vet at 630 this evening to say she'd found a cat and was told there's nothing they could do... (I said they would have scanned him for you though & she said, well they never mentioned that) BUT.... THe lady who lost the cat called the same vet at 1030 am today to report him missing & they took all her details and said they would contact her should they hear anything. He was only found a relatively short distance from his home so they should have taken more notice of the found cat call..... THe lady whos cat it is was bloomin' fumin with the vets & she is going to contact them tomorrow. She made a donation to CP & thanked us for our trouble & carried naughty, noisy Nelson home - He was dead tired too, bless that naughty little man!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-02-2008, 12:14 AM   #13

Oh that's bad of the vets - will you lodge a complaint on behalf of CP too Smudgley?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #14

That was not very professional of the vet, why take the missing cat's details if he didn't intend to do anything about it I wonder how many other cats that has happened to.. Good that the lady is going to contact him tomorrow though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-02-2008, 12:16 AM   #15

This is the trouble with microchips isn't it? This is a great succes story but it's not always the case is it? I cannot believe the vets never said to her to bring the cat in and we'll scan for a microchip BUT I bet they can't wait for you to part with your money to have one put in

Catsey Veteran

05-02-2008, 12:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Oh that's bad of the vets - will you lodge a complaint on behalf of CP too Smudgley?
No, it's not for me to get involved with that as I didn't make the call, however no worries, the lady who's cat it is will be giving them what for I can assure you

Catsey Veteran

05-02-2008, 12:20 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
This is the trouble with microchips isn't it? This is a great succes story but it's not always the case is it? I cannot believe the vets never said to her to bring the cat in and we'll scan for a microchip BUT I bet they can't wait for you to part with your money to have one put in
I thought it was bizzare that they were so caring towards the lost cat owner as she was their client and they spent time logging all the details about the lost cat.......then a few hours later get a call about a found cat and tell the lady who found it "sorry - there's nothing we can do"... that's really annoying.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
05-02-2008, 09:15 AM   #18

What a great result for a poor lost kitty

Puzzled by the vets tho, it wouldn't have cost them anything to just scan the cat or even look at the details of lost cats when they got a found one call grrrr.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-02-2008, 10:33 AM   #19

Great advert for chipping but a black mark to the vets. All down to whoever took the call and gave the crap response - retraining, a thorough b*ll*cking or goodbye for her (I assume her) I think