Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
30-12-2006, 04:15 AM   #11

Re: Long hair past 30!!

It is totally your choice and no one elses, if you like it long, keep it I would.

For me.......I had quite long hair and back a few months went for it....had it cut firstly into a bob then after 6 weeks I had it cut like Victoria Beckham, Hairdresser named it that not me LOL!

I wont go back now, its totally changed my opinion of myself and lots have commented on this - so I am one happy person . x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-12-2006, 11:17 AM   #12

Wear it as you want it Alex. The style that suits you is much more important than the length. I believe Jerry Hall is 60 now and her long hair doesn't look too bad.
However - if you want a change, just go for it! It'll always grow.
I had mine quite long this summer and enjoyed it but now am back to a jaw-length bob. I like both and may let it get a bit longer again - who knows? I think a change is good, now and again, just so it doesn't look stale, and so people don't think of the hair rather than you - does that make sense? Because your hair is the main feature that's what people remember rather than the you underneath

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
30-12-2006, 11:23 AM   #13

I think long hair that is just left to grow and grow and it gets all straggly makes "older" people age more, but I am nearing the big 40 in March and I have grown my hair over the last three years from dead short to long for the first time in years. It is just past my shoulders and is layered and thinned out and I have just had blond highlights put in in so it looks very "kept" which helps with us "older" ladies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #14

I'm 41 (42 soon ). I have always had long hair bar a couple of experiments with short hair, which I hated.

I think Donna is right - it's all about grooming and about hair having a style, whether long or short. If you have your hair regularly trimmed and gently styled - doesn't have to be right around you face - I hate my hair around my face also and usually wear the front sections back and up in a clip. This give is body and volume and also helps to make it look styled.

Also, maybe consider a little colour? Doesn't have to radical, but it's amazing how a little bit of highlighting around the face can life both hair and complexion.

And as for long hair only being for the young??? Pah - that's nonsense!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
30-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #15

Well I'm 45 and my hair is down my back (to my bra strap) I have it coloured and trimmed every 6 weeks. I wear it down, up curled and streight. I have fun with it and I think that's what it's all about. Personal choice, I had my Mum nag me a few weeks ago about getting it cut because of my age! phooo I said do I tell you what to do with yours?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #16

Thank you everyone for your comments. I'm keeping it long, so pooey to my mum, lol. I have decided to have it styled a little better though and I like Yola and Jacs suggestion of having a bit of colour put in. I have only ever put colour in my hair once and that was around 15 years ago (I feel old now). Once I finally get the nerve to have it done I shall post a photo of my 'new look',

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
30-12-2006, 01:11 PM   #17

Go for it Alex!!! At least with long hair you have a choice of how to wear it ie up or down. ~With short hair your very limited.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
30-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #18

Alex, I think you have great hair!! Wear it how YOU want, can't see what age has to do with it!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #19

Alex - if you go for colour, get it done professionally. They know exactly where to place the highlights to achieve maximum effect. Also, keep it trimmed regularly. With colour it does tend to go raggedy more quickly.

Don't do an all-over home colour. Teenagers can get away with it, us more mature types can't quite so readily

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
30-12-2006, 08:43 PM   #20

Wouldn't dream of doing it myself Yola, lol! I'm not that brave (or stupid)! I quite fancy having a coloured streak put in, like red or blue.