Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
12-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #1

kuan yin, the kitten

it all started when i had decided it had been long enough since i had a cat and asked my bf for one...he is more of a dog person and we have a three doggie household..i started to search for strays in my backyard and try to feed them and get them near me...there was a stray i named sunshine that had been hit by a car...he scampered around on two good legs and would not let anyone near him..i had noticed he was having labored breathing and seemed not to know what to do with some kitty food i left out in a can..i was planning to trap him and take him to the vet for some kind of intervention but sadly he never came back and i believe he has passed althoug i hope someone else managed to trap him and care for him first. there i was with a cupboard full of cat food and no kitty to feed. my bf finally gave in and promised that "someday" we would go to the humane society and find a nice, old cat that needed a home. that held me over. due to various health issues, i started having a really hard time. a lot of my pain was psychiatric which caused me to hurt myself in various ways. after an exhausting night of self harm, i decided to "cleanse" myself. i cut my hair, took a shower, shaved...then walked over to my kuan yin statue (the buddhist goddess of mercy). i lit some incense and placed it before her and knelt down and asked for some mercy and peace of mind. i went to bed hopeful that night my day would be better tomorrow. at five in the morning (when my bf gets off his graveyard shift), i woke to my bf shooing the dogs out of the room and closing the bedroom door. i was half awake and very confused. he turned the light on and my eyes were half open looking at him in confusion. out of his jacket pocket, he pulled out a little furball...i didn't have my glasses on and the first thought that came to mind was it was a hamster...it opened its eyes and looked up at me and meowed and time stood still. my bf gave me a sideways look and sarcastically teased "you're on your own with that one". i almost cried with the gift i had received. apparently, at the lumber mill where he works as a milwright...he heard a racket coming from the oil pitt...he climbed down and inspected it and found her...it was about an eight foot drop and her mother was nowhere to be found, not even a littermate. he had put her in his pocket where she slept the rest of his shift. i lovingly named her kuan yin...my gift from the goddess i had prayed to only a few hours before. i took her to the vet the next day and they estimated she was four weeks old. she had not been properly weaned but after placing some wet food on my finger, she got the picture pretty quickly. she had ear mites and fleas but everything checked out find. her weight was 3/4 lb. since then, we have gone back and she is now 1 and 1/4 lb. though i swear she grows more and more everyday. i have had her about two to three weeks now making her six or seven weeks old. she keeps me going everyday and when i feel depressed and low, she always does something to make me laugh. it makes me feel good that i am her mother...like i have a purpose and this little creature needs me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
12-07-2007, 01:58 PM   #2

Re: kuan yin, the kitten

Aww Tink she is so pretty......Beautiful little tortie...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
12-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #3

What a wee smasher! A sad story but a happy ending for you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
12-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #4

What a gorgeous kitten!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-07-2007, 02:27 PM   #5

What a beautiful kitten, I love torties too!

I hope she brings lots of happiness into your life..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #6

Oh wow! What a stunning little kitten I am so pleased she found her way into your life

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
12-07-2007, 02:45 PM   #7

What a wonderful story - that brought tears to my eyes.

She is gorgeous and looks like a little bundle of joy. I love the pics of her climbing the plant and watching the turtles/terrapins.

How lucky that you found each other.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
12-07-2007, 03:06 PM   #8

here's some more piccies...

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-07-2007, 03:08 PM   #9

Absolutely beautiful!!

Catsey Veteran