Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
17-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #11

Re: My wobbly old floor

Or I should have looked more carefully... I can see that it's not. Now...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-05-2006, 05:50 PM   #12

It's beautiful Yola!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
18-05-2006, 11:40 AM   #13

Absolutely goreous!!

In our old house we had quarry tile flooring all throught the downstairs, I loved it. Wasn't too impressed by the scrubbing by hand to get 'em all nice and clean but it was worth it.

Found out the person who bought the house off us has ripped the whole lot up

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #14

Oh no Nae, how awful - that's one of the reasons I'm not keen to sell this house - I'd hate to see all our hard work hacked around!!!

We have quarry tiles in the kitchen, but they're modern ones. Impossible to keep clean These will be being ripped up when we (eventually) do the kitchen as they have created a seal on the floor. Being impervious they do not let the house breathe and evaporate its damp, hence it all goes up the walls - which isn't good. As it's a basement floor literally built on the ground (no foundations), it needs to be breathable. The worst thing we could do (and a mistake many people make) is to put a damp course in as it will just push the damp elsewhere rather than letting it dissipate naturally.

Anyway - structural survey lesson over

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
18-05-2006, 12:49 PM   #15

We're now in a wonderful 1930's semi but the floors are really unlevel. The dogs helped pull the carpet back a few years back and we only found concrete underneath. Was hoping to find a lovely tiled or parque flooring underneath.

We did find gorgeous marble effect floor tiles under a grotty carpet in the kitchen mind oh and hubby uncovered an open fire place using a well aimed sledge hammer