Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
29-03-2006, 06:57 PM   #11

Re: Anybody in the Greater Manchester area??

WEll, I managed to find a foster home for him, and the vet rang to say she had just found a tumour near his intestines, so she is going to have to send him to heaven. Will be either tomorrow or Mon, depends if the receptionist gets her way and takes him home for the weekend. She didn't feel it last week, but he was gassy due to diarrhea, and his appetite isn't good. I met him yesterday though, and he rolled on his belly to have a fuss, he was lovely, I can understand why they all fell in love with him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-03-2006, 07:05 PM   #12

How very sad

How has the vet diagnosed the tumour? If he has been opened up you would think that it would have been better to let him slip away under the anaesthetic rather than go through the trauma of coming round to be put to sleep a couple of days later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
29-03-2006, 07:38 PM   #13

Oh, I'm very sorry to hear that Run free little kit.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-03-2006, 08:31 PM   #14

How sad that is.....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
30-03-2006, 05:18 PM   #15

He hasn't been opened up, the vet has felt it - she said it was between the size of a grape and a golf ball (neither of us could remember the size in between). She did say something about her experience with tumours in that area, I can't remember what though. And the main prob is that this cat doesn't officially belong to anybody, and the vet didn't think it was fair to let him go to a house for a couple of days, he has either lost weight or not put any on, and his appetite is going.