Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-11-2006, 02:27 PM   #1

Cleo

Following my visit to the vet on Sunday got a phone call from the vets asking if I wanted the vet to call out and see Cleo as she doesn't like the cat cage, but like all my animals "adores the vets/vet" I said yes and as I am off today Thursday we arranged between 12-1 well the vet has just gone. I declined to have a blood sample taken but her heart etc are all fine he said basicaly what I said she is a old girl who is slowly winding down but he said she's seeing her life out "in a situation that he hopes he see's his life out in, enveloped in love and care, by people who have her best interest at heart" I thought that was a lovely thing to say.
She is happy, eating, going the loo, and interested in whats going on around her and very very contented. He also said her quality of life was excellent, but she is slowing down he also said he hadn't ever had any cats her age on his books. So he was in "new territory" so to speak but if he didn't know better/didn't have her records dating back to her first jab in 1982 would place her medical age at 17-18. But looking at her would say she was 15ish. So in other words she is in good fettle.
He agree's with me and thinks she is loosing her marbles but as I really don't think she ever had them fully, it doesn't matter - why else choose to remain with me and Oz?

And do you know he wouldn't accept any money said it was a curtesy visit as they were "concerned also" and wanted to see her on her home turf as a trip to the vets can escalate heart rate and get them concerned and give a slightly false reading and in an older animal thats not what he wanted. But seeing her here at home he said he can see how she's got to this age - not sure what that meant but it was nice.

He smiled at the Cleo "steps" over the house to enable her to get on sofas/chairs etc.

PS Emma I have to say he totaly loved your drawings of the cats, Cleo's he said really captured her, he was entranced by the one of Oscar - saying it was really him as he recalled Oscar's eyes being so kind and full of life - exactly as in the drawing. I mean he didn't have to say anything. But made my day, Thanks again Emma I'll never be able to express my gratitude for you "of the soul" works of art. Thank you.

So all in all a good day off to the post office now Dandysmum

Take care all Karen and for one and only time in my signature Cleo too.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #2

Re: Cleo

I couldn't wish to hear better news about Cleo, Kazz So pleased she passed her MOT ....... you must be doing something right!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-11-2006, 02:35 PM   #3

Brilliant news Kazz, She sure is a grand old lady...

Catsey Veteran

22-11-2006, 02:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I couldn't wish to hear better news about Cleo, Kazz So pleased she passed her MOT ....... you must be doing something right!!

Ta Mags over the moon here and I am still in training as a cat owner as Cleo teaches me something new every day. on your toes is a better explaination

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-11-2006, 03:20 PM   #5

That's all fab Kazz - including that you have a very good vet. I'd like to think mine would do that - I think they would; hope so.
It's a winter thing isn't it? Cats obviously enjoy good weather so much and very obviously hate bad weather. With the oldies you think - "Am I trying to stretch too far?" "Is the cat enjoying this winter enough to hope to get through to next Spring?". You've had your answer YES!
Great. Really pleased for you

(Maybe you and Cleo will both be (sort of) lucky enough that she falls asleep one night and doesn't wake, Like DMs Patches. That must be the ideal)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
22-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #6

FAB, just fab!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
22-11-2006, 04:58 PM   #7

Lovely to hear that Cleo is doing well x

Catsey Veteran

22-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
(Maybe you and Cleo will both be (sort of) lucky enough that she falls asleep one night and doesn't wake, Like DMs Patches. That must be the ideal)
Now DM I know the sentimental side of me would wish that but to be honest thats my own private nightmare.
That she died and I didn't/wouldn't know if she woke and was alone and frightened.
I may sound heartless here but I would rather I was with her when she goes and being PTS by the vet would mean I knew that like Oscar she wasn't in pain/frightened/uneasy/scared or alone as she would be with me. She deserves that much from me to not die alone.
I may be odd and alone in this point of view but its my own thoughts.

DM I thank you for the sentiment and kind lovely thoughts behind it. Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
22-11-2006, 05:32 PM   #9

Glad to hear that, for now, the old ginger lady is doing okay!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
22-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #10

Great news Kazz, really, really pleased.