Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
24-05-2007, 07:31 PM   #31

Re: So sad; so sudden

Juat caught up with this. So, so sorry Yola, how heartbreaking for you. I'm pleased he didn't suffer and was happy to the end, you gave him a great life. ((hugs)) to you and your family. RIP beautiful Darcy.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Sadly missed ginger tab
24-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #32

Oh Hun, I am so sorry

RIP Darcey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
25-05-2007, 08:57 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
We thought long and hard about an autopsy, but at the end decided against it - I don't like the idea of his little body being carved up. Silly and irrational, I know, but we hang on to these things in sad times

The only suggestion really was that there was some kind of congenital heart (assuming of course that it was a heart attack), as being a persian and a bit malformed round the face could indicate some other kind of defect.

Whatever it was, it was quick and not painful as he didn't look startled, alarmed or distressed
You are right not to have done an autopsy, I would have felt the same.
Its not silly or irrational Yola, at the end of the day it wouldnt have changed a thing.
Darcy and his little gobblin face had a good life with you and knew he was well loved xxx Take some comfort that it was quick and he didnt suffer xxx
Thinking of you xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
25-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #34

Oh Yola, I'm so sorry to hear about Darcy.

At least it was quick and painfree, which you can take comfort in. He had a wonderful life with you and your family and will always be remembered with love.

My thoughts are with you.

Lots of love.
RIP Darcy
xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-05-2007, 07:00 PM   #35

Oh Elaine - his little goblin face *sigh* . I keep thinking I see him out of the corner of my eye (I always had to look out for him as he was constantly under your feet)

Tomorrow will be difficult. His ashes are back at the vets and I will be going to collect his little cat-shaped urn. Today I had to tell my step-kids about losing him and it's kind of brought it all back.

Thank you again for your sweet words - I swear I loved him almost as much as the boys . . . he was very special.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
25-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #36

Oh no, R.I.P Darcy. Loved ya lil tooth that stuck out xxx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
25-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #37

Only just seen this, so very sorry Yola. Take some comfort that he didn't suffer and was well and happy with you to the end. I know it will be no comfort to you at the moment, but there have been times when I wished my elderly cats would just go like that, peacefully in their sleep at home - times when I knew I would have to help them on their way (and did), and wished I hadn't had to - hope that makes sense.....

Hope you're OK, take care.

Sammy.xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-05-2007, 02:29 AM   #38

I just caught this also, Yola; I'm so very very sorry for your loss. But thank God it was quick and painless, and he was at home, not frightened and lonely at the vets, and he was surrounded by the love he'd had all his life with you. RIP, little Darcy, run free on the Bridge. Loads of hugs to you...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-05-2007, 10:17 PM   #39

OK, please forgive me if this seems a bit mawkish and self-indulgant, but something inside me needs to communicate how huge an impact this little cat had on my life. Whilst OH has gone to bed, I'm sat here thinking about my little puss and I would like to put together a small, pictorial tribute to him. Rather than starting another thread I thought it best to keep it all together.

My pretty boy doing what he did best, look stunning . . .

. . . being a character; doing things HIS way

. . . looking beseeching - he could get anything with this expression on his face:

. . . being aloof

'sleeping' peacefully . . .

And finally, back at home today. This little man really brought love, fun and sunshine into our household. This is something I never expected a cat to do, certainly not to the extent he did. Please remember a life cut short by goodness knows what . . . fate if you will. Much loved, and forever missed; Darcy - see you again sometime in the future my little sweetheart

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
26-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #40

Lovely tribute Yola.....he is home now with you....and will forever Rest in Peace.