Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
08-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #1

The Wanderer Returns

Miss Me?! what am I talking about of course you did!

Went to load the car with all the luggage in the morning and guess what ... flat tyre! Fantoostic! so off I go to Qwick-Fit - can't get quicker than a qwick fit fitter?! Rubbish! Ended up spending £160 supposed to be out of the cottage by 10am - I got out at 11:30!

Then got seriously stuck on the A30 and M5 with roadworks, took me 9 hours in total to get home not counting stops at services. Max was sick in the car so now it stinks and needs a good clean!

Got home at 11:30pm and went straight to bed.

Anyway had a fantastic holiday! Apart from the first day drove over 350 miles and arrived at the holiday park. Drove around it for ages trying to find our caravan - only to discover it wasn't a caravan at all but a damp, smelly, 40 year old chalet. The sofas were damp, things stuck to the table, holes in the door, bare bulbs and wires on the lights, rotten skirting boards, ceiling cracked, rusty windows that didn't shut properly! And to top it off - overlooking a rubbish tip!
And just for those who don't believe me

The View From The Front Window

The roof

And a few of the inside

They offered us an upgrade but to be totally honest it was the prinicipal of it all, so got straight on the phone to a lady we had stayed with before. As luck would have it she had a cottage available so ended up driving another 2 hours to there! But after that the holiday was fantastic! Only one thing wrong with it - no Catsey!

Max loved the beach although he wasn't too sure on the sea weather was pretty poor but we made the most of it! Had a couple of sunny days - lots of pics to follow!

Amber wasn't around when I got home, and that night she came through the cat flap and got the shock of her life to find Max sitting there poor baby!

The weather wasn't great, windy and raining most days. Had a few sunny days but always windy and cold but we made the most of it and it was a good holiday all the same!

Got some lovely pics while we were there:

Hayley xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #2

Re: The Wanderer Returns

I was feeling sorry for you there Amber till you said NO DOGSEY!!!! This is Catsey and no mention of us. Guess twas a wee slip!!
Looks like a great time was had by all in the end. Photo's are fantastic.

Catsey Senior

08-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
I was feeling sorry for you there Amber till you said NO DOGSEY!!!! This is Catsey and no mention of us. Guess twas a wee slip!!
Looks like a great time was had by all in the end. Photo's are fantastic.
Lies! Where?! I don't see it haha sorry was a copy and paste job all better now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-07-2007, 05:08 PM   #4

I was talking about your car trouble and the dog being sick. Didn't think for one moment someone would try and rent out something with NO windows!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #5

The first place looked quite depressing.
Glad you enjoyed your holiday anyway, pictures are lovely.
Very pleased to have you back.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #6

Good to have you back Amber, glad you had a good holiday in spite of the initial hitch and the weather.

I looked at your first pic before I looked at the caption and really thought that was the offending chalet!! I think whoever was letting out that chalet should have been reported.....what a state it was in!!

So where did you eventually stay?......... the views look lovely there!

Catsey Senior

08-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #7

Thanks everyone it's good to be back

As we speak I am writing a letter of complaint, complete with photos and sending one to the Tourist Board and one to Haven who were letting out the chalets. A Big company like that it really does surprise me!

We already had another cottage booked for week 2 just outside of Perranporth and Newquay, which was just down the road from the caravan site. Week one we ended up going a couple of hours south near Bude. It was a lovely cottage, on a riding stables and working farm. The lady has 4 cottages that she lets out for holidays, and I have always wanted to stay in the big Farmhouse. As luck would have it, that was the one she had free it was supposedly haunted by the ghost of an old lady though and I have to admit sometimes it did feel a bit creepy! Especially when the door opened by itself with no wind so it was worth the drive!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: all types
08-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #8

good to see you back amber