Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
11-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #11

Re: Widely Available but 'Up-Market' cat foods

Thanks for the tip ellenlouise, I will have a look for that! They seem to love their Go-Cat, but I don't mind changing their dry food. I do want to feed them wet food too though, to avoid any potential urinary tract infections, and because they're just big boys I think they do need lots of food and don't want them just on dry!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-07-2008, 01:38 PM   #12

Gosh - they ARE big boys, Meep! I think we really ought to have some more pictures ....... please!

Almost a Veteran Member

11-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #13

They really are aren't they?! I didn't think they'd weigh THAT much. The CP took them to the vet before we took them on and the vet recommended they could lose a little, but to be honest, they're in proportion and they're not lazy or sluggish - they still run around and seem very active. They are just really big male cats! I won't overfeed them but I dont think they need to go on a diet. They're not greedy and will finish half way through a meal if they're full. Also they have very shiney, glossy soft coats which I take to mean very healthy!

I'm taking new photos all the time so I'll be sure to get some more up I'll try and get one of me holding Darcy to put it into perspective (after 5 minutes of holding him my arm generally tends to go numb hehehe!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
They really are aren't they?! I didn't think they'd weigh THAT much. The CP took them to the vet before we took them on and the vet recommended they could lose a little, but to be honest, they're in proportion and they're not lazy or sluggish - they still run around and seem very active. They are just really big male cats! I won't overfeed them but I dont think they need to go on a diet. They're not greedy and will finish half way through a meal if they're full. Also they have very shiney, glossy soft coats which I take to mean very healthy!

I'm taking new photos all the time so I'll be sure to get some more up I'll try and get one of me holding Darcy to put it into perspective (after 5 minutes of holding him my arm generally tends to go numb hehehe!)
More pics, good!! Hurry!

Almost a Veteran Member

13-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #15

Just to let you know Dandysmom, that I've uploade some pics of the boys in all their 6 kilo glory

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #16

Off to look!

Almost a Veteran Member

13-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #17

Just as an update, on angieh's suggestion, I tried mixing half a Felix as good as it looks chicken with half a felix normal chicken, as the felix normal is £1 cheaper than as good as it looks (for box of 12).

They didn't buy it. One sniff and they walked away. I guess that proves their intelligence! So it's back to as good as it looks all the way.

Catsey Veteran

13-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #18

Smart cats! Maybe I won't bother trying that......