Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #1

Bye bye jeep?

Well, after ogling them for years it appears my OH is going to splash out and get a saab convertible, like this

Being a soft top, and being new or nearly so, it will obviously need a place in the garage, which leaves no room for the jeep (which also needs to be under cover, but rates second best!).
So, we'll get a different 'No 2 car', which we'll both use for short journeys.
I'm 5'3", he's 6'3" plus. We need a car we both feel comfortable in. I won't drive too huge a beast, he can't fit in a Ka. Will probably get a focus but I'm looking at the Citroen Picasso, as a good workhorse, quite a bit of space and fairly high, which is a feature of the jeep which I've enjoyed.
Anyone any experience or other suggestions/ideas? All welcome

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saab.jpg
Views:	994
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	493  

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
21-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #2

Re: Bye bye jeep?

Well, I've had a Xsarra Picasso for the last 3 years DM and I've found it to be an excellent car, loads of space and easy to drive. My brother had a focus which he thought was great so I would say both cars are very good. Not much help I know, sorry lol!

Also, WOW!!! I wanna saab!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
21-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #3

well I am 5' 2" and felt really at home in my Mondeo and it would also suit hubby its nice and roomy but I never felt lost in it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-04-2007, 10:14 PM   #4

Ahhhh. Saab. I still miss my convertible, even though I 'handed it back' in 2003 One day when the nippers are older . . . .

As for a substitute for your jeep? Umm - the Rav4 is quite good I've heard and you still retain a jeep feel. Can be got on 2nd hand market; pricier than other cars but also holds it's value well.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
21-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #5

I am quite tall and recently hired a gonda jazz which I thought was great. It has a a seat where you canb adust the height you sit as well as the back position and the distance so it might be OK for both of you.

Sally