Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
03-04-2007, 01:23 PM   #1

Monday was the worst day ever...

Well actually it started off a very nice day! I went to visit my cousin and her two children. It was very nice to see them all.

Her house is only about 6 miles from mine and is a journey that i regularly take.

Anyway on my way home in a 60mph zone, a car up front was doing 30mph. Strange I thought, but didnt attempt over taking because there was no safe place to do so. Anyway, the next thing I remember is been sandwiched between two cars! The car infront of me suddenly braked, so did I. Unfortunately, there was a pile up of four cars. The car that caused the accident drove off and was nowhere to be seen.

My car was damaged front and back and was undrivable. I had no money whatsoever, so after dealing with police and ambulance people, my stepdad paid for my car to be towed to my grandads (because he has a drive).

I have awful pains in my neck and arm, but consider myslelf lucky compared to the state of my car which I LOVE!!

The car is being picked up within the next couple of days to be assessed, but everybody who sees the car thinks that it is a complete write off. I just have to wait and see.

I have no idea what I am going to do for transport, I just thak my lucky starts that im insured on my boyfriends car - so will have to share his for the time being.

Anyway, rant over!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #2

Re: Monday was the worst day ever...

Oh Tanya, I'm so sorry to hear this Have you been checked over at the hospital? You may have a whiplash injury. At least you are relatively ok, you can replace cars but you cannot replace people

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
03-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #3

so sorry tanya,hope you feel a bit better soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
03-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #4

Oh dear Tanya - that's awful.

I hope you're feeling a bit better now. I agree with Fran that it sounds like you have whiplash.

I hope the car is okay too.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-04-2007, 01:53 PM   #5

Oh dear, Tanya, how awful for you! Like Fran says, make sure you get yourself checked out, especially with pains in your neck.

Sorry to hear about your car but so pleased that you weren't too badly injured...... take care..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #6

Glad you were not seiously injured Tanya, you should as Fran says get checked over.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
03-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #7

I hope you'll be fit and fine in a couple of days.
Like the others I think you should seek medical attention - if only to get a record of the event and to provide evidence should you need/decide to seek compensation on the culpable driver's insurance. Whiplash can take some time to show completely.
Take care

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Oli sitter!!
Tom_J is Male
03-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #8

(I am now tanya's voice...) i am tanya's boyfriends brother!!!.

WE took tanya to the hospital today and the nurse says she has whiplash and its going to get much worse.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
03-04-2007, 02:24 PM   #9

Tanya - I'm very pleased to hear you're OK. That kind of thing can be nasty. You should get your pain checked out as sometimes these injuries can take a while to manifest and you don't want to be doing any more damage in the interim.

Technically, the guy who drove into you is liable for any injury you sustained. Did you get his details? Did you at least get the reg no of the car that braked infront of you or some kind of description the police can go on?

It's horrible when that happens, I've been in a couple of minor knocks but nothing as horrible and your accident sounds. Rest up, get yourself seen by a doc, and don't worry about the car - it's only a lump of metal; the main thing is you're (relatively) unhurt.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Oli sitter!!
Tom_J is Male
03-04-2007, 02:27 PM   #10

me again!

Tanya had the details off both drivers. Police came to the scene and insurence companies have been notified.

By the way im not a mind reader i actually saw the accident after it happened and saw all the cars.