Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-12-2005, 09:05 PM   #11

Re: Christmas - Polish style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette
That was interesting to read Yola.

Here in Denmark we also celebrate on the Eve (tomoz). And I'm having my dad and brother over for dinner: Duck (I cant cook turkey) and pork roast, potatoes, caramel potatoes for my dad and then something we call Ris a la mande... I guess its kind of a ricepudding.. Cold, with creme and chopped almonds and vanilla.. Then one entire almond is put in the "pudding" and the one finding the almond (when we eat) wins a present.

Then on the 25. we are going to my mum's and stepdad for a christmas lunch and unwrapping pressies afterwards.

I'm just like a kid, when it comes to pressies I dont think I'll ever grow up, when it comes to pressies.. I love getting them, and I get so sad, when there's no more left

I hope you have a great day tomorrow Yola and sorry for taking over your post
Hey Jeanette - you didn't take over my post; please don't think you did!! It's lovely to hear how other nations/families are spending Christmas . . . and you're right about the presents - doesn't matter how old you are - there is still something special about seeing a parcel with your name on it under the tree

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-12-2005, 09:16 PM   #12

Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow too J and hope you get some lovely pressies

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-12-2005, 09:44 PM   #13

Yola that is very interesting....I like to hear how other countries celebrate Christmas. I hope you have a lovely time tomorrow.......

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-12-2005, 09:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette
That was interesting to read Yola.

Here in Denmark we also celebrate on the Eve (tomoz). And I'm having my dad and brother over for dinner: Duck (I cant cook turkey) and pork roast, potatoes, caramel potatoes for my dad and then something we call Ris a la mande... I guess its kind of a ricepudding.. Cold, with creme and chopped almonds and vanilla.. Then one entire almond is put in the "pudding" and the one finding the almond (when we eat) wins a present.

Then on the 25. we are going to my mum's and stepdad for a christmas lunch and unwrapping pressies afterwards.

I'm just like a kid, when it comes to pressies I dont think I'll ever grow up, when it comes to pressies.. I love getting them, and I get so sad, when there's no more left

I hope you have a great day tomorrow Yola and sorry for taking over your post
Jeanette....I hope you have a lovely time tomorrow too with your Dad and brother.....and also have a wonderful day on the 25th with your Mum and stepdad. I hope you get lots of nice pressies too!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
23-12-2005, 10:23 PM   #15

thanks for posting that - I love to learn how every-one celebrates Christmas

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
24-12-2005, 09:55 AM   #16

Thank you for sharing that with us, its very interesting to hear other peoples traditions and beliefs. Hope you all have a fatastic time, best wishes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
24-12-2005, 05:38 PM   #17

Thank you all

Everything is done.. So I'm having a few welldeserved minutes in front of the computer

I hope you all have a great day tomorrow!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
24-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #18

Hi Yola, I hope the meal went well, your mum must be exhausted cooking and preparing all of that!!!, it must be nice sharing it will all of your family. We usually have our main Christmas meal at my mums, but as my grandparents are not coming down for Christmas we decided to have Christmas day as our main meal but it will only be the two of us, which will make a change.