Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
23-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #11

Re: Peer pressure

I'm the stick in the mud then lol, because I downright refused to buy my 2 any shoes like that. A few of the girls in Hayleys class had them, and after 1 week they had all lost the toy, but I wont shop in Clarks anyway. Overpriced and not as great quality as they would have you believe. The closest thing to a label make my Raechel has is a pair of Mary Kate and Ashley jeans from Asda, and a pair of Lonsdale trainers LOL!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-02-2008, 07:26 PM   #12

Re: Peer pressure

Alex, I'm with you to some extent. What I won't have is 'merchandised' sutff, for instance, spiderman pyjamas or Thomas the tank Engine duvet cover. I buy the DVDs/CDs and the toys but I won't let it extend beyond that.

I will however, buy them 'labels' simply because I feel that many of these clothes, albeit more expensive, are far better made and durable than much of the mothercare stuff. Dominik's not an abuser of clothes by any means, but the £5 pair of trousers for mothercare or H&M has died long before the Diesel jeans.

I do try and discourage the 'latest trend' type of thing though. I think if you fall for it with kids of a very young age you're only making a rod for your own back later on!