Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Two rescues and one feral
19-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #11

Re: one of my cats was lost

My adored girl is missing nearly three weeks. I am sure someone in a holiday let is feeding her and keeping her in. A few months ago when I was nursing a sick collie, she was missing five days. Was not starving and so utterly joyful to be home. I have posters up and am praying that she will be released and come home.. it is the not knowing. Breaks the heart. So glad yours came safe

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
22-08-2015, 10:11 AM   #12

Put leaflets through doors for neighbours to check , gardens sheds and garages - or even knock the doors and ask them and wait while they check - include those holiday let premises you mentioned

Keep going out shaking treats around the area and calling animal . Listen for the animal call in case it is confused or scared somewhere. Especially at night when it is quiet.

Put up posters or notices in shops, on lamposts, vets - everywhere! In case someone has taken in or is feeding the animal

Ring local vets in case animal has been handed in as a stray and leave your details with them. You can send photo by web too .

Post on social media pages too including nearest Cats Protection Lost & Found – and comment on the posts so that you can follow them and keep checking back as you don’t always get notifications

Post on any local Lost and Found groups & Pages and newspapers. Keep going back to check. Put an ad on Gumtree Lost and Found – without your phone number (to avoid hoax callers)

Check that your chip details (if applicable) are registered properly (so many aren’t). Get your paperwork and go onto Petlog or Anibase website and check details.

Message the Lost & Found pages on so ial media with your phone number and to keep in touch and remind them to repost every few days.

A lot of info but it does work. I help out on a Lost and Found Page on social media where i live, this is the info we give out to people with lost pets. It really does work

Checking with your nearest Cats Protection to ask if there are any feral colonies in the area is always useful.

Are there large office blocks, hospitals, parks, derelict lots, wastegrounds, supermarkets, fire stations etc near you - all offer shelter, warmth (buildings) & food for ferals or cats living rough

Above all dont give up. Cats can come home weeks, months or longer. We had one recently had been missing 9 months. He had to be trapped as he was living with a feral colony. He hadnt turned wild just very scared.

Catsey Junior

22-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Put leaflets through doors for neighbours to check , gardens sheds and garages - or even knock the doors and ask them and wait while they check - include those holiday let premises you mentioned

Keep going out shaking treats around the area and calling animal . Listen for the animal call in case it is confused or scared somewhere. Especially at night when it is quiet.

Put up posters or notices in shops, on lamposts, vets - everywhere! In case someone has taken in or is feeding the animal

Ring local vets in case animal has been handed in as a stray and leave your details with them. You can send photo by web too .

Post on social media pages too including nearest Cats Protection Lost & Found – and comment on the posts so that you can follow them and keep checking back as you don’t always get notifications

Post on any local Lost and Found groups & Pages and newspapers. Keep going back to check. Put an ad on Gumtree Lost and Found – without your phone number (to avoid hoax callers)

Check that your chip details (if applicable) are registered properly (so many aren’t). Get your paperwork and go onto Petlog or Anibase website and check details.

Message the Lost & Found pages on so ial media with your phone number and to keep in touch and remind them to repost every few days.

A lot of info but it does work. I help out on a Lost and Found Page on social media where i live, this is the info we give out to people with lost pets. It really does work

Checking with your nearest Cats Protection to ask if there are any feral colonies in the area is always useful.

Are there large office blocks, hospitals, parks, derelict lots, wastegrounds, supermarkets, fire stations etc near you - all offer shelter, warmth (buildings) & food for ferals or cats living rough

Above all dont give up. Cats can come home weeks, months or longer. We had one recently had been missing 9 months. He had to be trapped as he was living with a feral colony. He hadnt turned wild just very scared.
Thanks for this; only just seen where you are! Sent a message... All that can be done is being done... I am in a very isolated house in deeply rural Ireland so no neighbours.. the local pub/shop/post office has posters up which is my best hope and the holiday period ends soon .. just hoping on.. her brother is Ok thankfully.. these two have been together each day of their ten years. They sleep curled up as if still in the womb. Cats of my old age!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-08-2015, 10:57 PM   #14

Marigold, so sorry to hear that your girl is missing. I'm praying for her safe return.It is horrid when a cat or any pet goes missing. Hang in there, and hopefully she will be back with you soon. I'm thinking of you.

Catsey Junior

24-08-2015, 07:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinky
Marigold, so sorry to hear that your girl is missing. I'm praying for her safe return.It is horrid when a cat or any pet goes missing. Hang in there, and hopefully she will be back with you soon. I'm thinking of you.
Ah thanks...my family are great pray-ers and are sure she is alive. When she gets home I WILL KILL HER! Then lock the doors! Her brother is more amenable. he goes out late evening and early morning I go out and call him and in he comes, bless him!

Catsey Junior

06-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #16

Last night the miracle happened..I have been ill and was abed, and up to check the dog at my door when I heard the familiar WWWAIIIIIIIIIL!!!! There she was outside the big gate. When I approached she fled down the dirt track. Heart racing I went in, threw on clothes, shut the dog in and grabbed a half full tin of cat food and a metal spoon, unlocked the gate and out, There was a black speck at the far end and when I sang to her and rattled the tin, along she came.. nearer and nearer until I GOT HER, warm and soft and furry.. I had not wept all the long weeks she was missing but I did then. Closed the door behind us and told her she is now an indoor cat. She is thin and clearly not fed for days; food came back up at first so tiny portions now and am cooking rice etc, But what a tale she told all that night! She is a very vocal and tactile cat. Told my family all about it on the phone.. we think as we did at first that a holiday family took her in and kept her trapped then went home and dumped her. I keep checking she is really here.. curled up on my bed with her brother.. Thank you all for prayers and support. I never want to go through this again,,, I took in a very needy feral even so and have one more rescue coming this week then the HOUSE FULL sign goes up!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-09-2015, 11:44 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigold7
Last night the miracle happened..I have been ill and was abed, and up to check the dog at my door when I heard the familiar WWWAIIIIIIIIIL!!!! There she was outside the big gate. When I approached she fled down the dirt track. Heart racing I went in, threw on clothes, shut the dog in and grabbed a half full tin of cat food and a metal spoon, unlocked the gate and out, There was a black speck at the far end and when I sang to her and rattled the tin, along she came.. nearer and nearer until I GOT HER, warm and soft and furry.. I had not wept all the long weeks she was missing but I did then. Closed the door behind us and told her she is now an indoor cat. She is thin and clearly not fed for days; food came back up at first so tiny portions now and am cooking rice etc, But what a tale she told all that night! She is a very vocal and tactile cat. Told my family all about it on the phone.. we think as we did at first that a holiday family took her in and kept her trapped then went home and dumped her. I keep checking she is really here.. curled up on my bed with her brother.. Thank you all for prayers and support. I never want to go through this again,,, I took in a very needy feral even so and have one more rescue coming this week then the HOUSE FULL sign goes up!
Wonderful news I'm glad she is home safe again ...

Catsey Junior

06-09-2015, 11:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Wonderful news I'm glad she is home safe again ...
Thank you. Sitting here in bed watching her sleep and grinning like a daft thing! The tale she told all last night! But terrible people to do that. She is a sheer miracle....alleluia!