Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
19-04-2010, 04:06 AM   #11

Re: My Foster Kids

Update- Winnie and Cooper are really starting to settle in. I had to go out and buy some water bottles b/c Cooper likes to snorkel and get all of the bedding and food soaked, lol. I also figured out what Winnie can get in and out of. She's not very strong so you have to be careful how you situate everything. They were on Purina Kitten Chow at the shelter and I found them a much improved intermediary food (don't want to send them into system overload with my Evo/NG mix) that is also sensitive on their tummies. Winnie needed to be syringe fed for a few days but she is really starting to perk up and they both delight in soup mixed with KRM and salmon oil several times a day. Cooper is such a sweetheart, he takes everything in stride and is so laid back. Winnie is really starting to trust me and she is beautiful to me with her dark sable coat. They both have speckled noses too. So we're finally settled enough I've made the cage comfortable for Winnie and dry enough b/c of Cooper and have them on a better diet regimen for the malnourishment Winnie obviously has. I really do love them and enjoy caring for them. They are no bother, just need a comfortable place to stay and I am so happy to provide that for them.

Catsey Veteran

19-04-2010, 04:36 AM   #12

I have also figured out Winnie is completely blind in one eye and partially in the other eye. I've learned a lot the last few days on how to keep things simple for her and she is starting to memorize her surroundings. Thought it might be hard to run a separate group but their needs are so simple and they are so mellow it's really a joy to do it for them, no bother at all. They are teachinig me so much and I love them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #13

I'm delighted that things are going so well, Tink; how happy they are in their lovely forever home.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-04-2010, 04:12 PM   #14

I'm pleased to hear they are settling in with you, Tink ...... they are so fortunate to have someone as loving as you to care for them...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #15

So glad to hear that you are enjoying caring for them Tink and they are being good and, I expect, loving being taken proper care of.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
19-04-2010, 06:26 PM   #16

They are so lucky to have someone like you to look after them...They are both gorgeous x

Catsey Veteran

21-04-2010, 12:33 AM   #17

Thanks guys. I'm not too sure Winnie's hearing is up to par either. She also has some issues holding her bladder. But she does have me wrapped around her little paw as she has shown me she will eat more if I syringe her the kitten milk rather than drink on her own.
Cooper seems relieved someone is helping take care of his sister and is acting like a kid on summer vacation. He's so funny and goofy! He decided to topple over the soup bowl the other day and dig out all the litter in the litter box..little brat! He's so full of energy. They really are exact opposites!
Here are some pics of Miss Winnie yesterday. She wandered over on her own to nap with some friends.

Catsey Veteran

21-04-2010, 01:49 AM   #18

Oh bless, cute pic! I love that owl too!

Catsey Veteran

22-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #19

Thanks! I got that owl after reading "An Owl Came to Stay"..lovely book about rehabbing wild owls and quite inspiring..but since I don't have the facilities to do such things I appeased myself with a stuffed owl (I said I bought it for the kids but I really do adore him, LOL). I'm very into owls these days.
Here's a pic of Winnie last night, she was awake and had a bit more life in her

And me and Mr. Cooper. He actually gives hugs..seriously. Wraps his arms around your neck and everything. And puts both paws on his face to kiss you. Such a gentlemenly teddy bear fellow you can tell by his sweet face

Catsey Veteran

22-04-2010, 08:30 PM   #20

Lovely pics, Tink! Two little sweethearts.