Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #31

Re: Older people and care - your view

Thanks all Yes I know but you don't want to push to much do you - he is my Uncle not my Dad - you sometimes feel like you take the pressure of foos bills etc but at the end of the day.........do people (family) think you are pushing yourself forward.....although I don't see them taking him to the barbers etc etc etc.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
09-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #32

Unless EVERY member of the family is willing to do a slot in the day to look after him so he is always supervised, then I dont see why you shouldnt air your thoughts if you are doing more than others.

Older people are just as difficult and can cause a nuisance as younger people tend to get labeled with. My son yesterday was grabbed by an older man as he was annoyed he and his friends were playing near his house. My son is not the sort of child to be a nuisance (he is very quiet and timid) but this man grabbed Sean around the neck and lifted him up and shouted at Sean's Indian friend "black b*******d. He tried to throw Sean in the house, but he punched and kicked and got away.

The ex called the police and he has been cautioned - but what can you do about people like that??? Is he ill?? Or is he just like that?? I dont know.

Either way, he should not be left to his own devices.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
11-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #33

Oh Kazz, just caught up with this. I think you will find after the Doc's appt things will move fast (If you want them too)
You do need support. Take all the help that's given. ( talking fro experiance) I do think youknow that but your looking for conformation, go with your gut feeling. xx Jac