Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
29-08-2005, 02:35 AM   #1

How did you get your first cat?

i went to the cat rescue and got two wee moggie kittens. I only went for one but the stench in the place, well I had to take both to get them out of there.
After the first night it was quite obviouse all was not well. They were sneezing, had a tempreture and it was clear they were really unwell. I made an appointment at the vets and took them up. He went nuts. Both had cat flu. they should never have been homed. One even had blisters on her tounge. Anyway I nursed them for days and they pulled through. They lived out there days with my kids (dogs) and me! I kind of lost "the" bug for a while but its back with a vengence

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
29-08-2005, 12:09 PM   #2

Re: How did you get your first cat?

i had jusr had our first baby and we were living withmy FIL when on the way home 1 day we sore this 5/6 weeks old kitten just sitting in the road crying, we took her home, but when we moved to our own home a few weeks later she stayed with my FIL but she was happy there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
29-08-2005, 04:15 PM   #3

Well my family has allways had cats so the first one was Sherman, he was purchased around the day of my birth, he had come froma friend of the family
Best wishes

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-08-2005, 09:37 PM   #4

I got my first cat from a pet shop because my children kept on and on that they wanted one.........he was the best thing I have ever bought

Catsey Junior

12-09-2005, 03:13 AM   #5

My first cat came with the house my parents had just purchased a month before I was born. They always joked that the cat cost $35,000.00US and the house was free.

Moorchik always slept with me. It is the rare baby picture of me without the ever present fuzzy best friend.

Chickx3D

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
12-09-2005, 12:49 PM   #6

O'h thats sweet

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
02-10-2005, 09:17 PM   #7

I was brought up with cats but my first cat when I had moved out from home came from a pet shop - I didn't plan to buy a cat I was walking past a pet shop that was closing down and there was a sign kittens for sale - I thought omg how cruel and went in to have a look and there was this tiny wee kitten all by himself - I picked him up and this massive flea jumped off him - the owner said I could get him for £20 instead of £25 cause he had fleas!

I later found out he was only about 4 weeks old - poor thing but he is still with me now and I called him Lao Tzu (my OH named him) and he is 8 years old now

Luckily you can't buy kittens in a pet shop any more

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-10-2005, 10:23 PM   #8

My first cat was when I was 4, I dont know where he came from. The next when I was 15, was from ( ) a pet shop. All the others (5) have been Cat Protection or other rescue.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
03-10-2005, 07:43 AM   #9

My first cat was a huge tabby moggie called Toby, he was the size of a dog and had the same temperment ad a dog..He lived till he was 18....

Catsey Junior

03-10-2005, 09:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Luckily you can't buy kittens in a pet shop any more
my local petshop had kittens for sale a few weeks back