Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #1

Hullo to all

Hi , my name is Margaret and I have just joined your forum. I have five cats. Snodgrass is a 15 month old chocolate colourpoint persian. Miracle is my 8 month old wee blind rescue girl. She was a feral 2 week old baby when found and was lovingly nursed back to health. She is pure white. I also have 3 long haired pure white kittens that belong to Miracle and Snodgrass. This was a total accident, as my vet would not spay Miracle early, believing she was too small.We hand reared the babies as Miracle refused to feed them and all are doing well. Miracle and Snodgrass are now spayed and neutered and the babies will soon be done too. We are keeping them all ,as we have had so much to do with them.We cannot bear to give them up.All the cats are treasured members of our family and know only love and gentleness within our home I look forward to meeting you all and hearing about your cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #2

Re: Hullo to all

Hi Margaret! Lovely to hear from a New Zealander. I suppose that your little family of cats should be called a "happy accident" even though rather foolish of your vet. We love photos here and look forward to seeing Snodgrass (great name!) and Miracle and their wee catlings.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #3

Hi Margaret a warm welcome to Catsey...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #4

Hi Margaret,welcome

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-12-2013, 09:37 PM   #5

Thank you all for making me feel welcome and not judging me harshly for letting my wee girl become pregnant when there are so many kitties out there that need good homes.It was a total accident, but termination was never an option for me when I saw the babies on the x-ray screen.Will post photos shortly.They have brought us much joy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
23-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #6

Welcome to Catsey, unfortunately some vets stick to the six month rule even though kittens can come into season at four months

Welcome to Catsey. Looking forward to seeing your white kitts

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
23-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #7

Welcome to catsey. Looking forward to hearing about your fur baby family

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #8

Welcome from me too. I adore the name Snodgrass; SO perfect for a Persian

I'm pleased that all pets are either now neutered or on the way to being so - I too look forward to seeing pictures of the furry family.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #9

Welcome to the board and looking forward to getting to know you.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
27-02-2014, 12:21 AM   #10

Hi Margaret, lovely to hear about your rescue cats. Snodgrass is a great name. We have just had to have our lurcher bitch spayed after an accidental mating with our deerhound x greyhound lurcher. We were going to let her have the pups but she lost them. There were only 2 very big pups and she had to have an emergency caesarean. All our cats are neutered toms but if we had a litter of kittens I would find it very difficult to part with any. I daren't go to see litters of kittens because I wouldn't be able to choose.