Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Grey muffin (:
25-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #1

Hello from Leicester

Hi everyone, I'm Megan, I'm 17 and I'm from Leicester in the UK

I've been a cat owner all my life, having never lived in a household without a cat until today when my cat of 14 and a half years passed away after a long battle with cancer I miss her already, even though she only went away this morning. It feels weird to walk down the stairs without my little grey menace trying to trip me up every step of the way!

I'm here to make friends and to satisfy my need to see adorable balls of fluff on a daily basis!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #2

Re: Hello from Leicester

So sorry to hear of you loss....

25-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #3

Thank you for the reply and the condolences. Your cat is adorable (:

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-03-2010, 10:41 PM   #4

I have 4 altogether

25-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #5

Ooh gosh that must be quite a handful! Especially if they all get the munchies at once!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #6

Hi, Megan, sorry your introduction is on such a sad note. Most of us have been thru the loss of a beloved companion; if it will help. please talk about it; we understand.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-03-2010, 11:51 PM   #7

Hello Megan, welcome to Catsey....

I'm so sorry to read of your loss, it is a very painful period that most of us here have been through at one time or another so we can understand what you are going through at the moment. We are all good listeners so please share your memories of your dear cat with us as it will help you with your grieving process.

We also have a "Gone but not Forgotten" section where, when you are ready, you can post a tribute to your lovely girl.

Take care...

26-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #8

Thank you so much for the kind words DandysMom and Mags, your cats are both beautiful! I love that you all have little 'welcome' pictures with them, it's such a good idea!

I'm definitely considering posting in the 'Gone But Not Forgotten' section because I have so many lovely memories and pictures of my baby that it seems like the right way to 'send her off'. With the exception of 2 of them, all of my friends seem to wonder why I'm so upset over 'just a cat' but as you've both said, almost everyone on here knows what it's like to lose a cat which is really comforting.

At the moment what is getting to me most is how quiet it is without her around. I know she'd have been asleep on my bed right now anyway but just the fact that I can't hear her shuffling around and snoring makes the house seem far too silent!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-03-2010, 02:47 AM   #9

"At the moment what is getting to me most is how quiet it is without her around. I know she'd have been asleep on my bed right now anyway but just the fact that I can't hear her shuffling around and snoring makes the house seem far too silent!"

That's one of the hardest parts, that and putting away the bowls and the toys ......

26-03-2010, 03:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
That's one of the hardest parts, that and putting away the bowls and the toys ......
Oh gosh I hadn't thought about that... I can't even bare to stick my bed linen in the wash because it still smells like her. I think I'll probably have to ask my mum to sort everything out while I'm asleep or at school because if it was up to me I wouldn't even hoover up her fur!