Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Birman, Moggie.
25-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #1

New here, not new to cats.

Hi,

My name is Mandy and I'm 37, from Derby. I've been keeping cats since I got a blue tabby longhair that had retired from breeding, for my 21st birthday. That was back in 1993 and that fantastic cat, Fern (Jindivik Ferniste) was my introduction to all things feline. Fern was already 8 years old when she came to live with me but I showed her a few times and she did amazingly well.
Fern had already had a claim to faim before she came to me as she is featured in several cat books including The Ultimate Cat Book, Little Tabby Cat Book and The Ultimate Cat Sticker Book.
Sadly Fern passed away in 1996 but since then I have never been without a cat, or cats in my life.

Currently I have Bobbin, (Nentew Robin Hood) a seal tabby point birman who will be ten years old this July. He is the most laid back cat I have ever known and has acted as though he owns the place since he came to us at 13 weeks old. The only sign of his age is that his coat has darkened over the years. He keeps himself amazingly well always looking as though a quick flick over with a comb would have him ready for the show bench.

I am hoping to be bringing a lovely black moggie kitten home in about 4 weeks time, I went to visit her yesterday and she is the most beautiful thing I have seen, he name will be Bellatrix.

I have been out of the loop with regards to the cat world for a while but am very excited to be diving in again.

I live with my partner of 14 years, Simon and we have a 13 year old son, Oliver. We also have 2 dogs, a Senegal parrot and two budgerigars.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-03-2010, 09:32 AM   #2

Re: New here, not new to cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-03-2010, 01:05 PM   #3

Hello Mandy, thanks for that lovely introduction to you and your human/animal family. We love all things cat here and are passionate about our pets.

Look forward to chatting soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #4

Hello Mandy - look forward to hearing about your cat and looking forward to meeting Bellatrix!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
25-03-2010, 02:35 PM   #5

Hi Mandy... Welcome to Catsey

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-03-2010, 02:59 PM   #6

Hello Mandy, a warm welcome to Catsey!

Looking forward to hearing more about Bobbin and also meeting Bellatrix - what super names!

If you have difficulty posting your pics, click here for help

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #7

Hi and welcome! I look forward to chatting and hearing more about your cats and meeting Bellatrix...love the names BTW!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #8

Hi and welcome aboard

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
25-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #9

Hi and welcome to Catsey!!!

Louisa&&Felix Xxx

Cats owned: Birman, Moggie.
29-03-2010, 07:22 AM   #10

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I just noticed I mistyped my original post, I put that Bellatrix would be coming home in 4 weeks and it should have said a week. Bella came home yesterday so now I'm off to post some pics of her first day in her new home.