Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
25-01-2006, 05:20 PM   #401

Re: My Drawings of Cats

I think your drawings are fab Emma - am realy looking forward to Sidney's drawing, although of course there is no rush....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
25-01-2006, 05:22 PM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Thanks Moli,

I do leave it up to individuals to donate, I would hate for somebody who didn't have a lot of money, not to have a drawing done because they couldn't afford a donation. I don't like the idea that only the better off members would get a drawing.
I can understand that Emma - it's really kind of you!

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
25-01-2006, 06:51 PM   #403

Quote:
I know come the end of the year I will be running out of drawings to do..
lol Em.. you'll regret you said that, I'm sure Catpagers will keep giving you more and more to do if they were given half the chance

Seriously tho, I think it's really kind of you to do them for free, but please let me know if it becomes too much and we'll go with the competition thing or something similar to ease the load Perhaps tie it in with Yolas Caption Competition idea or something?

Maybe we could bring this in once all the current members have had one each? I know you are too nice to say no and I'd hate anyone to take advantage of that.

On a slightly different note, perhaps it is time you got your own section on Catpages
I think it would be handy as it could contain threads/stickies:

Requests (Where people can place requests by posting the picture)
Status/que (Where you can list how many you have got on, and mark them off as you do them)
Paintings Done (where you can post the finsihed masterpiece so we can all see )

And people can post other threads if they have questions etc.

I think having it laid out clearly like that will let people see whats going on and make it easier for you to keep track of requests etc.

Please feel free to PM me of you would rather talk about it privately

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #404

A good idea Az.....Emma certainly deserves her own section!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #405

Hi Az, wow I would love my own section One of the big problems I do have is keeping track of all of the requests, and I rarely update my spreadsheet as it can time me a couple of hours to update properly and I would rather spend the time drawing

Thank you very much

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #406

Definitely AZ...............

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-01-2006, 07:01 PM   #407

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
As I said at the time, would be happy to donate to a charity etc. Am happy to also wait for the drawings!! Would be nice to keep it "in house" as such as donate to Smudgely's charity too. Glad you are still happy with the requests Emma!!!
I agree completely with Donna; happy to wait, and have already made a donation in advance to Aley Cat Allies, a trap, spay & neuter, release organization here in the States Anything this good is worth waiting for; and it never occurred to be about the Inland Revenue

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-01-2006, 10:17 PM   #409

Quote:
Hi Az, wow I would love my own section One of the big problems I do have is keeping track of all of the requests, and I rarely update my spreadsheet as it can time me a couple of hours to update properly and I would rather spend the time drawing

Thank you very much
Az GREAT idea!!! Why not?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Maine Coon and Norwegian Forest
25-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #410

Hi,
It's a great idea having a section for Emma, and of course I can wait for a masterpiece like the other she has already produced. I will donate to our local animal sanctuary where we take our shredded paper.

As an aside, so many people use shredders nowadays and then recycle it with the refuse collectors, but we donate it to local sanctuary and they use it for bedding for small animals like gerbils etc. I think it's better to see it being used rather than just reconsituted and sold off to many some large company more money.
cheers