Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-01-2006, 01:25 PM   #391

Re: My Drawings of Cats

Hi Guys

Very interesting to read your views on how the drawings will work. I have found in the past that I get a lot of requests to start off with (as I did on another cat forum) then it does tend to slow down quite a bit, from the other site I have about 1 request now a month. So although I have quite a few drawings to do now (not phased by the numbers yet!!! lol) I know come the end of the year I will be running out of drawings to do, even if Catpages grows quite a lot.

I don't want any money for my materials, it is a hobby for me and a lot of other hobbies would cost a lot more, it is quite inexpensive really. Per drawing it is pence, and I don't want to go down the route of taking money for myself for any drawings as this can lead to other problems (reading from problems other artists have, client not happy with drawing, somebody not paying, client being awkward) I would also have to declare this money with Revenue and Customs which I do not want to have to start filling in tax returns. Hence why I have always said that I would be happy for anybody who does want to pay me to donate it instead to a charity.

Also nobody from Catpages has harrassed me about doing the drawings, I have said as long as you don't mind the wait, they will all get done.

I do like the idea of a competition though Perhaps this is something we could do once the numbers of drawings are down a bit.

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2006, 01:29 PM   #392

I would just like to point out also that to me I see these drawings as practice pieces, I will be trying various different materials and styles in the future. Not just coloured pencils.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #393

I would be quite happy to donate to a charity Emma.....Probably Smudgely's cats.

If you run out of pic's at the end of the year Emma, I have another 3 cats!!

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2006, 01:32 PM   #394

Thanks Moli,

I do leave it up to individuals to donate, I would hate for somebody who didn't have a lot of money, not to have a drawing done because they couldn't afford a donation. I don't like the idea that only the better off members would get a drawing.

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #395

Quite agree with you Emma...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
25-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #396

As I said at the time, would be happy to donate to a charity etc. Am happy to also wait for the drawings!! Would be nice to keep it "in house" as such as donate to Smudgely's charity too. Glad you are still happy with the requests Emma!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #397

I understand and appreciate what you are saying Emma but I also think it is nice for us to let you know how much we appreciate what you are doing out of the kindness of your heart
I hope the charities will benefit from your talent....thank you

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I understand and appreciate what you are saying Emma but I also think it is nice for us to let you know how much we appreciate what you are doing out of the kindness of your heart
I hope the charities will benefit from your talent....thank you
Oh Mags, I know how much you Catpages appreciate my drawings When I see one of my drawings framed that really does say it all for me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-01-2006, 04:53 PM   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az
Poor Emma will be overwhelmed with painting requests

Seriously tho, I think there will come a time when Emma simply can't do everyone a painting because there will be too many members (Dogweb has over 2,ooo members and its not even 2 years old )

Perhaps I will have a talk with Emma and instead of people just cueing up for a painting, we simply run a monthly competition where the winner gets a painting, but for anyone who doesn't want to chance/wait 'to win' can buy a painting at a fair price, then Emma can choose to keep the money (which I think she'd deserve) or donate it - whichever she pleases.

I think Emmas doing a fab job but I do feel for her as I can imagine how much in demand her paintings are.... I mean who wouldn't want one of them, theyre ace!!

I have spoken to Emma (and asked for a drawing well two of Oz and Cleo) Like many other people I am sure we have no problem with waiting. We realise she does this as a hobby and not on a bussiness footing.

And pleased to see you are happy with the requests Emma,

Karen - who is more than happy to wait.

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2006, 05:06 PM   #400

There is no rush for my pic's Emma, like Kazz, more than happy to wait....