Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
02-02-2006, 12:10 PM   #1

Elsa's story....so far

This is the story of Elsa our 'bronze tabby' Maine Coon cross British Shorthair, shes only 6 months old so her life has only just began, this is its story so far.....

Throughout 2005 we were searching for another kitten, we went through various breeds; Siamese, orientals, exotics, bengals, Maine coon's and the good ol' moggy. But allways something seemed too go wrong whether it was travel or the sort of kitten we were intersted in had gone...we were very disheartned as many of you know. Then one day, an aunt of mine took us too the house of a friend of her friend, where i met Elsa. There were a whole loada kittens in the study sort of place, some grey and white plush coated and then Elsa...apparentlly persians cross british shorthair, although Elsa didnt look like it. It turned out after we had gotten Elsa, her mum was the ladies lovely young Maine coon who had also been caught by the randy british Shorthair, apaprentlly most of her litter had died bar Elsa and her ginger bro...so they were put in with the persian and her kittens which were their half siblings, as they stood more of a chance of survival this way. Anyway from the first moment i saw Elsa i was smitten, and knew she was going too be ours!! There was an odd feeling about the 'breeder' though, but Elsa was too gorgeous too leave because of a 'feeling' i had about the 'breeder'.

Elsa VERY young

Elsa's ma, the Maine coon. I seem too have lost the pic of Elsa's dad

On Novemeber the 5th Elsa came home, she was tiny and very sweet but oddly timid...and she was very quiet too but we just thought it was settling in time. As soon as we got her home she tottered over to one of the dogs, Florrie our 10 month old westie cross dandie dinmont, from that moment too this they have been stuck at the hip!!

Elsa had only been here a few days when she immediatlley became part of the family, she loved the other pets and couldnt stand too be too far from them!! We had, had Elsa about 3 days when we realised she was a nosey lil cow, she has too be part of whats happenening...and goes in a hufty and hides in the wardrobe if she doesnt get included!!!

Elsa with Polly our JRT, about 2 days after she arrived.

Elsa had too be part of everything....we had no choice but too let her!

Hard too believe she was ever this small!!!

Life with Elsa was far from dull...but there was still something that wasn't quite right. Then one fatefull day she became very poorly and we nearly lost her!! The vet said basically her ailments could ahve been prevented by the 'breeder' raising the kittens a lot better than what she had done!!! We contacted the so called 'breeder' and she was less than helpful too put it midly!! After a while, Elsa got back on her feet and mroe than made up for her under the weather time, she got everywhere, destroyed everything.....and her thieiving habbit occured!lol
Elsa is a thief..im not sure why but shes done it since an early age, she steals everything; Toast, crisp packets, socks, gloves, underwear (), pens, shoelaces, newspapers...basically everything! She stashes it in the big draw under my bed, so yes that does mean i have too check every night and empty her stash...she allways sits and watches me and looks as if too say "Damn ive worked so bloody hard for that lot!!"
As time tends too do...it went on, and Elsa grew, she was quite large when she was about 3 months old'ish, i thought she just was having a growth spurt...didnt realsie this would literally be the 'shape' of things too come!

After her sticky patch she really took like a duck too water, to life with the other pets. She literally became one of the family!! When ELsa was poorly the other pets would lie with her and jsut watch her sleep (give a big awwwwwwww!!)

Elsa especially took too Florrie, shes her partner in crime!!

Ela is just one of those curious cats, she has the oddest habbits ive ever known!! She likes to sit by you and chirrup along when your on the telephone, until you actually have to say "Yes Elsa i know" it does shut her up, but actually makes whoever is on the other end think im barmyShe also has a thing about dogs and washing...our dogs, family members dogs, friends dogs, neighbours dogs and if they dislike cats, well in Elsa's books thats tuff!! Elsa loves too wash dogs faces..no dog can get in, out or even past our house if Elsa is in the vicinety..without getting washed. She is a right bossy mare and i dont think the dogs would all like too disgaree with her!!
in 2 days time Elsa will be a whole 6 months old, her life has really just began and im sure shes gonna be one that going too keep us on our toes for a long time!!! Keep checking back and forth cause this page will be updated as Elsa grows and experience 'new' things

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
02-02-2006, 12:25 PM   #2

Re: Elsa's story....so far

That's realy good Luke - enjoyed reading it and, of course, the pictures are great!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #3

Thats a really great Elsa Catpage Luke. Well done on the lovely photos and of course the text!!

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
02-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #4

Thanks DM Thanks Donna, glad you liked it

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-02-2006, 01:02 PM   #5

Very well set out and written Luke....it was nice to read the story of her life and see the pics again!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #6

wow, hasnt she done well to settle in somuch. HOw one arth you got the dog and two cats to line up like that and stay there long enough for a photo i;ll never know!!

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
02-02-2006, 01:06 PM   #7

Thankyou Mags

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
02-02-2006, 01:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
wow, hasnt she done well to settle in somuch. HOw one arth you got the dog and two cats to line up like that and stay there long enough for a photo i;ll never know!!
Thanks CJ, ahhhhh that picture was a one off...the patio door was open and there were a few starlings behind me..which Polly and ELsa seemed too be looking at..and Clementine had been lying their getting the rays already..just a lucky moment i guess!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
02-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #9

Excellent Luke & really well presented.
Thanks I liked reading about Elsa -

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
02-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #10

Thankyou very much Smudgley