Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
14-01-2006, 08:33 PM   #31

Re: Poor little soul

Glad the other owners had their other pet removed. Poor things. This little boy is obviously terrified he will be beaten if he has bitten cos the girl put her hand up....... he will find a better home soon x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: DSH tabby mog
14-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #32

Isn't it heart breaking. Sadly I am very familiar with the tragedy of back street breeding in dogs and the waste of life caused through thoughtless breeders not caring where their pups go.

Is there the same problem with breeders of cats? I have a suspicion that the problem with stray cats is mainly moggies that have not been neutered or spayed as kittens, rather than the pure breeds. Am I wrong?

My brother and his wife rescued a birman some years ago and he is a beautiful cat with an amazing temperament. He is so brave and fearless! I love cats and used to live with a lady who had a lovely persian. When I was little my aunty had siamese that when they went outdoors had to go in a huge cat "kennel and run" with trees in it to climb (a bit like a zoo area I thought). I always thought it was strange she kept them trapped in and didn't let them free to roam like our moggies were, but I didn't really understand the dangers of the world to those pedigree cats.

I would love to rescue a pure breed cat one day if there is one looking for a home.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs
I would love to rescue a pure breed cat one day if there is one looking for a home.
I think all the breeds run breed-specific rescues Alison.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-01-2006, 11:09 AM   #34

They do. Breed spacific rescue/welfare's

The girl that gave up Simba was on the phone last night. Would you believe she wants him back! NO danger. She got quite abusive on the phone. Some people I ask you. I wouldnt give her the cold, never mind a dog. He has been legally signed over and thats the way it will stay.

Catsey Junior

16-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #35

I wonder why the owner changed her mind? It is so strange isn't it. I wonder why she gave him up if she "loved him". Clearly she didn't deserve him and he is in a much better place now.

I just had a call about a 6 months old pup who has been badly beaten by her "dad" and is wounded and terrified. I hate people sometimes.

(I am moving house soon, all being well. When I have moved in and we are all settled I will look at the cat rescue sites in case I can help one or two .)

Catsey Junior

03-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Fran, unfortunatly through past experiance they dont want to know unless they can use the dog for breeding. I broke my heart when I saw him and he is so loving! but that's normally the case.
Thats terrible! When I got Mica (who is spayed) her breeder said that I could bring her back to them at any point in her lifetime, obviously Meeky is my kitty and will be with me forever but after my last exprience with a bad breeder it was nice to know how much she cared. A breeder has a lifetime responsibility to all their cats full stop.

The poor boy

Catsey Junior

16-02-2006, 08:08 AM   #37

That is a good recommendation for Mica's breeder in my opinion Chairman miaow.
Someone who cares about the breed (and hopfully is knowledgeable about the genetics etc) and also about each individual that they bring into the world.....and will take them back and make sure they are cared for appropriately if need be.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
16-02-2006, 01:06 PM   #38

How is the "poor little soul" now Jac?