Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
28-10-2005, 09:52 PM   #1

Clementine's Life

CLEMENTINE"S LIFE

Clementine is our dear tubby tortie, it is most unusual that our house has only 1 cat, it is bad form to not have at least a few living in residence. But t'was a few years ago the house had no feline ruler, that last cat had been rehomed and personal circumstances had prevented life from moving on. the family never intended on getting a cat at all for some considerable years my mother believed the time of cats at number2 had ceased!! Until without realising my dear mother led me right to what my heart lusted for. My mothers friend (Sue) lived at a local farm and dictated to the children who went to the riding school that ran from the establishement, as you can tell i have no tolerance for this woman at all! she has since moved due to a divorce, but even though she lived on a lovely farm she was very much non livestock, non animals apart from our precious ragdolls, she lived for them but i believe she though of them not as a life but a name to say that she owned showed and bred!!!! One fateful winters even in December time if my memory serves me right, one of her queens was in call, and Sue's youngest son i beleive, Mathew let out the queen in call. Now the farm yard had many feral mousers who lived by way of the land, now cats being cats despite pedigree or nto have a habit of becoming very friendly with one and other, and the ragdoll in question did with lets say at least 4 toms!
The outcome was on the 8th of March 2003, there were 4 beutiful kits, a wee tortie and 3 cream with ginger points, lovely kittens generally. But Sue was by far pleased she saw these kittens as an inconveiniance, she was furious when they were born. Every time we visited she would complain about 'the runts'. But as the kittens grew i became particually fond of the wee tortie kitten, she had a look in her eye that reminded me of myself! Then one fateful day we arrived to visit Sue, well i was visitng the kittens, to find she had turfed them out onto the stable yard at a mere 4 weeks old!!!! To say i was furious is far to liberal, i was beyond anger. a week passed and i convinced mum that these kittens couldn't be left to suffer, we went to Sue's and asked her to take the kittens she said find em and do what you want with the blighters! So it was the dead of night and we searched stables and barns and found nothing, until we were greeted by dear old trip the border terrier'ish dog who lived on the farm. We knew he had an intolerance of cats because when he saw one of the stable yard ferals he went nuts! But for some reason he insisted ond ragged me by my hem of my jeans to his kennel, he went inside and dragged out four wee kits, in the shape of Clementine and her brothers. For some reason that day the wee terrier and i forged a fond regard for one and other. He had saved these we kits life, and for that i was thankful. So we took the four kittens back to ours and settled them in the kitchen, Polly our JRT in her brain damaged motherlly way insisted on sleeping in with them and keeping them all in line, naturally. here are some pictures, of Clementine and brothers

now this pic is Clementine squaring up to polly, it still makes me laugh, you can just see the kittens bus they used to play on peeking through

The kittens began to grow from 4 weeks old, and well we found homes for them within the duration of the 3 weeks they lived with us. the three boys were rehomed, 2 together and 1 lad went to the old man who runs the post office. But i knew Clementine had to stay here with us, and stay she did she wasn't a kitten by far she wasn't she behaved and acted like a puppy, she even went for the letters when they were posted through, she was allways on the go whether getting locked in suitcases or slipping of window ledges . Clementine brought a lease of life upon the house that we were lacking, she brought youth and life to us. Here is a rather blurry but sweet picture of Clementine having a rare moment of sleep, note how she had slipped off the collar
Clementine allways had an air of, lets say ruff and readiness about her, a quality which is perfectlly exhibited in this picture, which will allways bring a smile to my face

Like anything Clementine grew, she flourished and began to have many adventures of her own. Her adventures are and were stuff of legends. Once dear once she ventued into a transit van, in the days of wearing a collar and id tag, well we got a phone call at 4'ish in the afternoon all the way from B\ham saying they had our kitten. We drove all the way and brought her home and she walked back into the kitchen with a look upon her face as if to say oh yes this place
another time she was around 4 months but looked like 12 weeks because she was so scrawny, and she had lost her collar and was going around without a collar on. Now i was walking Polly one day in the fields and saw a wee tortie kitten which reminded me of Clementine who was sitting by the brook, so i picked her up and took her home as she seemd quite lost, so i took her home. My mum was on her knees in laughter i had brought our own cat home it just so happened she had followed us on walkies and got a bit confused she returned home and began playing on the wee bus we had 'borrowed' from one of my nieces, for Clementine and her brothers to play with when they were tiny. Clementine still loved it and insisted on playing on it

Apart from the madness, the time surpassed and she grew into a very pretty cat. She had a whole year between years 1 and year 2 was quite mayhemless but this past year has been madness, with her trip away and her love for moorhens, and her general antics!
here are some various pics of these years

well thats been Clementine's life so far, she will be 3 years young on the 8th of March, so she has lots of life left to live, she has had a rough start and her life has improved. So thats her life so far, ill probably update the page every now and then but who knows

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
28-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #2

Re: Clementine's Life

Lovely story Luke, she is one special little girl, and so gorgeous..Love the pic of her and Polly together.........

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-10-2005, 10:12 PM   #3

Very good Luke, Clementine is lovely...

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
28-10-2005, 10:18 PM   #4

thanks pat, thanks mags, i truly believe it was destiny

Admin Team

Cats owned: Bengal
Az is Male
29-10-2005, 12:21 AM   #5

Excellent homepage Luke!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-10-2005, 08:56 AM   #6

Well done Luke, good homepage

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
29-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #7

Well done Luke!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-10-2005, 03:40 PM   #8

Lovely story and great pictures!

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
30-10-2005, 01:02 PM   #9

Thanks Azz, Fran, Tom and Lianne it was more than a pleasure to write

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
18-06-2006, 08:32 PM   #10

Some updated pictures of Clementine-enjoying another summer!