Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-04-2006, 07:07 AM   #1

Daily Shred - Tuesady 11th April

Good morning everybody.

Nothing planned for today.

Got woken by PRincess at 5.30, making some odd noises, almost like she burping and purring at same time, hard to describe.

Since then she hasn't been more than 4 feet away from me bless her.

As I didn't sleep much Am off back to bed in a few minutes, no doubt she'll come with me, and fromt here I will just take it easy and see what the day brings me!

Come downstairs to find a dead bird on the living room floor, poor thing. Thats a downside to ahving cats though. I even got twix a collar with a bell on it to try and stop him catching things. maybe he needs a bigger bell!!!!

Have a good one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
11-04-2006, 07:52 AM   #2

Re: Daily Shred - Tuesady 11th April

Morning CJ, morning all. Bright day here at the minute but rain promised later Not much planned for today. Children have their dental check ups this afternoon..

CJ - No babies yet?!!!! Can't be much longer now surely?? Good luck if something happens today..

Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
11-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #3

morning all. so far havent got anything planned, will be going through the excange sites to see if ive missed anything replied to one ad last night, see if shes intersted or not.but she wasnt very discriptive in her ad dont know what floor shes on??
oh well have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-04-2006, 08:16 AM   #4

Good(ish) morning
I didn't sleep well - no great suprise; and even though I have done 'everything for one' this morning, Mini is now doing 'half of two cats' things. It's over 30 years since we've been a 'one dog, one cat' family, so it will take a little while to get used to.
I was going to have a nice productive day on the allotment but the forecst is for rain most of the day, although it's only thinking of it now.
Have a good dy everyone and CJ, think you may have to borrow Kazz's sharp stick for your Princess...........we've waited long enough. She's prob waiting till you've got a nice pile of clean washing ready to iron, for her nest!
Good luck BM, sorry the original exchange fell through. Would you get any priority for vacant properties with your medical condition? Have you asked the HA?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
11-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #5

no, babies not arrived, She is a little unsettled again. just playing with us i think

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
11-04-2006, 12:05 PM   #6

Raining here, really annoying as it was nice yesterday but I do the shopping on Tuesday

Ninja came to my friend for petting this morning This being the friend whose feet he once attacked (one of two people he's actually been violent to) for being too near him (and, we joke, for smelling bad).

He's been a little more skittish again lately, skitting when I move too fast or rub his ears "the wrong way" (which changes daily ), but I haven't bothered to tell anyone because I think it's due to how brave he's been recently - he's now come to everyone who's here on a regular basis (at least 2 or 3 times per week) except for one who's only here briefly (Rufus' daddy) to pick someone else up and drop him off - but he's given that guy his very first headbump last week, too.

I reckon he's kind of spooking himself being so brave all the time, and since his progress has been marked by small steps back while he reassesses the situation I'm not bothered. He's also still coming back to me every time he skits, so it's all good

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
11-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Good(ish) morning
I didn't sleep well - no great suprise; and even though I have done 'everything for one' this morning, Mini is now doing 'half of two cats' things. It's over 30 years since we've been a 'one dog, one cat' family, so it will take a little while to get used to.
I was going to have a nice productive day on the allotment but the forecst is for rain most of the day, although it's only thinking of it now.
Have a good dy everyone and CJ, think you may have to borrow Kazz's sharp stick for your Princess...........we've waited long enough. She's prob waiting till you've got a nice pile of clean washing ready to iron, for her nest!
Good luck BM, sorry the original exchange fell through. Would you get any priority for vacant properties with your medical condition? Have you asked the HA?
i got a letter from our HA this morning, saying when a suitable property comes up it will go in front of a panel and those who are suitable for the property will get it, so i might get a place i might not

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
11-04-2006, 03:15 PM   #8

Afternoon everyone.

Wet and horrible here today. Finished stripping the wallpaper off the walls this morning, sanded down the skirting boards and door frame and have started to paint them. Only the papering to do which should be done Thursday/Friday. Can't wait to see it finished and the look on my little boy's face when he gets back from his hols and see's his bedroom done

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-04-2006, 03:38 PM   #9

It's chucking it down now. Have just been to Poole - to the pottery - to replace a mug which suffered as a result of my husband's poor juggling at the weekend!
Hope the weather is better tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-04-2006, 03:48 PM   #10

Well its pouring down here I am a little miffed as I have great plans for the front garden but although I don't mind working in the drizzle (gardening weather) I will not work in gale force 10 - okay its not that bad but not far off.

I have cleaned and replaced the dressing on my Dad's BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid) he had to have the screw part put into his skull week before last stitches yesterday and I have cleaned and replaced the dressing for the first time - good eh?
We go back on 2nd May and it is healing well so 2nd May should be the last visit to the hospital - apart from when he has the hearing aid itself fitted they said 3 months after the Op.

Not to bad a day a visit to the hospital myself and apart from the rain the good news is Cleo seems to be over her upset tummy sickness and the runs, she seems a little better today but not eating much will see how she goes not point panicking when it may only be an upset tummy.

And I have decided to change Uncle Arnies billd to direct debit or standing order not sure which yet to take away some of the strain.